Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Having Chytil in the lineup makes this team so much more dangerous offensively. I know he’s just one player, but I think it kinda gets underplayed that he missed basically the whole season. He’s been one of our best players 5v5 and had a tremendous start to the the season before getting hurt. Obviously nothing is a guarantee but I think we should expect some better production from lower in the lineup if he’s able to play going forward.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Non-Ranger fans and media drag the team as "lucky" or "big goalie". We even drag the team ourselves.

"Carolina blew it!" "Andersen stinks!"

Oh really?

Look at the way the team performed when Kreider got his hat trick. Rangers dominated the Canes during all those sequences. If it wasn't for Ros grinding through Slavin, and Zib's between the legs dangle, and Kreider's wherewithal to see the puck was loose then Andersen wouldn't have had the opportunity to blow it.

Look at the PP on the tying goal, unstoppable.

Look at the cycling on the go ahead goal, LINDGREN WAS DEEP. No one is stopping that.

It is ridiculous that Carolina "blew it" is the narrative and not "the Rangers are the President's Trophy team for a reason.". But apparently the narrative now is that Carolina was never any good to begin with?

It should be no surprise if the Rangers beat Florida. And no surprise if Florida beats the Rangers. Rangers are good. Full stop.
It's depressing coming here most of the time and just seeing people shredding the team constantly, no matter what, through wins and losses, through every round, as they're about to enter the conference finals with the least games played of any remaining team. The wins are never perfect enough, this or that is never deemed sustainable or anything but a fluke because of course we have nothing but awful players at every position, whatever analytics show that the Rangers are the worst in 15 different categories, and the losses are always cause to dismantle the team. I understand everyone's got their opinions on things and this is the internet, but..f***.

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Having Chytil in the lineup makes this team so much more dangerous offensively. I know he’s just one player, but I think it kinda gets underplayed that he missed basically the whole season. He’s been one of our best players 5v5 and had a tremendous start to the the season before getting hurt. Obviously nothing is a guarantee but I think we should expect some better production from lower in the lineup if he’s able to play going forward.
For every game Chytil plays, he misses five. He's too fragile.

Reactions: Wtp99

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
They're talking like they're so seasoned.

"Oh you're gonna see tough competiton."

Son, I saw the 2014 Kings before you were born.
I wonder how many of them remember the Miami Arena days, how many can tell you the significance of the rat?
That is the fair weather fans you have to deal with in s.fl
I saw the first game (Ann exhibition) between the Rangers and the Kings. The ice melted in the third period.

Oh f*** lol. Why did i think he was on Florida.

Mixed that one up bad
Same state

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Non-Ranger fans and media drag the team as "lucky" or "big goalie". We even drag the team ourselves.

"Carolina blew it!" "Andersen stinks!"

Oh really?

Look at the way the team performed when Kreider got his hat trick. Rangers dominated the Canes during all those sequences. If it wasn't for Ros grinding through Slavin, and Zib's between the legs dangle, and Kreider's wherewithal to see the puck was loose then Andersen wouldn't have had the opportunity to blow it.

Look at the PP on the tying goal, unstoppable.

Look at the cycling on the go ahead goal, LINDGREN WAS DEEP. No one is stopping that.

It is ridiculous that Carolina "blew it" is the narrative and not "the Rangers are the President's Trophy team for a reason.". But apparently the narrative now is that Carolina was never any good to begin with?

It should be no surprise if the Rangers beat Florida. And no surprise if Florida beats the Rangers. Rangers are good. Full stop.

Even if nyr win the cup they will continue that narrative... it's what jealous people do.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Thanks Gardner. That applies to me. Broke up with GF that used to be my Rangers confidant, family and friends in NY that I don't keep in contact with nearly enough, and basically here alone, ENJOYING all of this all alone. It sucks, but I DO have you guys and LOVE that I can come here and share our ups and downs of this journey.
I've said it all along, even when we went through that tough 2 month stretch. This team is special, we've been there and done that. Went deep and failed. Got the rug pulled out from under us, that they should be ashamed of themselves. OUR TIME IS NOW!
Next year, the leagues play by play announcers will be saying "their team" are facing the Stanley Cup Champs tonight.
Root for the team to win every game. Particularly bc you have no control over the outcome

Personally i didn't think it's jealousy. Just ignored and disrespected.
Yeah it’s very disrespectful. It all stems from analytics. The Rangers win in ways the defy the analytic models

Reactions: TheWrongWay

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Ironic that the only coach that has won a cup of the 4 left is ours

Then you’ve got the rookie stolen from Hartford, and the two perpetual losers in Maurice and DoBoer

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

Personally i didn't think it's jealousy. Just ignored and disrespected.

The number of people who are just envious on this website that they can't live in NYC is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad