Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Filip's fine I'd probably go with him.

Laviolette has options at forward though and whoever he plays if it's not Fil there are people who are not going to be happy. 4th liners don't usually cost us games. Maybe someone will take a dumbass penalty and the other team will score a power play goal but there are always a bunch of factors why a team loses on any given night....when your goaltending is sharp and your D are playing pretty good defense and your best forwards are playing like your best forwards 90% of the time your team is going to win. They make the big $'s for that reason. Whether Peter decides to dress Rempe or Brodzinski factors to me more in whether he wants a more physical game or would like to roll his lines more. Neither usually hurt us with bad defensive plays.....though they have happened but they happen to other players too. Basically when a team gets knocked out it's because their best players didn't play as well as the other team's best players. I know people usually like more convenient scapegoats though.

To me it's not something worth stressing about.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Run a family business.
godfather-michael-corleone.gif

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I noticed Cuylle was out late game holding the lead when the goalie was pulled… it’s be nice to get him involved on the PK. Similar attributes to Kreider

Reactions: Atax and Raspewtin

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I literally took his post as sarcasm. I hope no fans are truly that negative! We literally have the best team in the league.

LGR!

I don’t know what to expect in this series honestly, first game will be telling to me. If Chytil is still out, I think Remps needs to be in to set a physical tone. Games 1 and 3 are traditionally the biggest hitting games in the playoffs and I can see Fla trying to push us around.

Brodzinsky adds literally nothing.
This. Brod is a plug. I don’t want him in.
The panthers and rangers really don’t have bad blood or a rivalry of any kind. It might take 2-3-4 games to really start to dislike each other.
While Rempe doesn’t play a lot of minutes, his role is useful.
I’m sure the players like when he’s on the bench. He”ll take a normal shift, look to hit anyone he can and fire up the crowd. It’s good and useful that he can provide that.
He also has no problem dropping the mitts with any one of them.
I’m not sure how long it’s going to take Bennett/tkachuk/verheagie
To really start pissing off
Goodrow/trochek/kreider/laf/zibby etc

TBH, I think the line up we all want to see is
Kreider-Zibby-Ros
Panarin-Tro-Laf
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Goodrow-Wennberg-Vesey

Lindgren -Fox
Miller-Schneider
Gus-Trouba
shesty

Honestly, our top 9 can go toe to toe with them in terms of talent and danger to score.

I know many are down on our D, but I take ours over theirs 10 outta 10 times.
Firstly, they have no one in foxs stratosphere. Hopefully the rest does him well and he gets back to being the regular Amazing Fox

We saw a bunch of mikkola here. Big/skates well/hits/ surprisingly better offensively then most of us thought….. but he’s 3rd pair D. Ekblad is overrated and not good as he’s made out to be. Kulikov is a 3rd pair D at this point.
Forsling is good, but not stand out special. He’s had a solid year….. Carolina’s D was better at every facet, even with the pesce injury.
Their fwds will also not back check or defend as well as Carolina…..
Bobrovsky is an upgrade to Anderson for sure. But he’s also prone to do something stupid at least once a game that hurts his team. He’s also got a fragile psyche, he goes from bad to worse when things go sideways.
I trust shesty way more to make the “next” ( important) save.

Our PK has to perform…. We need them to continue to be sharp, cause this is no canes PP, and it’s loaded with guys that will make you pay….

I have a feeling, there’s going to be a lot of points this series where a hockey game is going to break out…. Each team is going to be running and gunning end to end trading chances
This is where having shesty and fox
Vs bob/ekblad is going to pay dividends.
More open ice is huge for Panarin. His line will be more dangerous.
The open ice also benefits Zibby and Kreider..
Rangers in 6. Take it to the bank. It could go 7, but I don’t think it does in the end….
We need more offensive/timely. Scoring from our 3rd line….
I’m really hoping Lavi at least tries
Cuylle-chytil-Kakko in games 1 or 2 while NYR has the last change….
It’s going to be an interesting next couple days of speculating. That’s for sure

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
If you think the Canes style was a nightmare, this shits about to be an eye opening experience for you.

One thing for sure, rangers are gonna have to get their dirtbag on in this one. Panthers are unapologetically dirty so they need to be ready to return the favor.

We’ll see. I don’t think it’s as problematic but that’s just me.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I noticed Cuylle was out late game holding the lead when the goalie was pulled… it’s be nice to get him involved on the PK. Similar attributes to Kreider
He’s also the only one on 3rd line who shoots the puck/drives to the net/ and go to the dirty areas to provide offense. I’m thrilled he scored on that breakaway, because frankly he deserves more. He’s been robbed a few times, and others he’s been open, but his line mates couldn’t get him the puck.
Kid has performed and handled himself like a veteran from the start of the playoffs.
I know I say it all the time, but the fact we turned that train wreck of a pick in Andersson into will Cuylle was HUGE for this franchise.
He’s already a good 3rd liner as a rookie.
He may never been a line driver like Laf, but a really good complimentary top 6 winger who does all the little things right.
It’s hard to tell what he maxes out as

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Carolina was physical, fast, and a dominant 5 on 5 team, especially after game 3. Because we were able to get past them I fully expect the Rangers to be able to handle Florida and take this in 6. LFG Wednesday can’t come soon enough!!!
Yeh i kinda think people are downplaying Carolina and their physicality at this point and overselling Florida
The panthers aren’t the flyers teams of old or somethjng and the rangers aren’t the soft teams they were under AV and Quinn

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Was checking my Venmo and a friend of mine paid a Vincent Mercogliano for burgers and fries. So I click on the name and all his Venmo transactions are eggs, food, burgers etc. I didn't know our beat writer was also a chef.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I feel like some of our first 8 wins came without us playing at our best. I do not think that will happen as often in this series. To win these games we are going to have to play close to our best.
Completely agree... but that might be a good thing.

It means they have the ability to play better for sure.

Can they ramp it up to get there?

They'll need to IMO

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Was checking my Venmo and a friend of mine paid a Vincent Mercogliano for burgers and fries. So I click on the name and all his Venmo transactions are eggs, food, burgers etc. I didn't know our beat writer was also a chef.
Vinny is Italian what can you expect??

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Completely agree... but that might be a good thing.

It means they have the ability to play better for sure.

Can they ramp it up to get there?

They'll need to IMO
Hopefully all of our guys realize they have to put the work in. A couple of our guys sometimes try to out smart the opponents instead of out work them. That backfires in the playoffs. Need to move their feet more and reach with their sticks less.

Reactions: pld459666

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We were lucky to squeak by the Capitals. I'm proud of us for having made it to the Final 4. This rag-tag group is already champions for that. Any victories from here on out are just extra to me.
I wanted to wait until it’s all over to give my take on the season but I couldn’t wait lol, so here it is:

Last season ended in a disappointing exit to an up-and-coming old rival. Canes played in ECF and were not going anywhere either. New (retreat lol) coach and free agent signings on the bottom-of-the-barrel cheap that were very far from whelming. Realistically finishing regular season 2/3 in Metro would be viewed as a success and then let’s say it’s a 50/50 odds to move on from there. Now compare to what’s been achieved even while their story is still being written: not only first in Metro, not even just tops in the East, but the President Trophy for being the best in the whole NHL!!! Then from said 50/50 odds in the first round - a clean sweep! At this point IMO this is already would have been a successful season just to be a part of elite 8. But they got through the 2nd round and will be in the ECF for the 2nd time in three years. I’m not even talking about individual achievements. Those who say SC or bust are just setting themselves up for an odds-on disappointment if we’re speaking statistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad