Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Fox needs to get healthy. We've missed one of our best players so far, especially against Carolina. still won.

Chytil needs to be back. He helps dramatically two fold. With Kakko and having a guy that can score and play with pace... replacing a guy that can't score on the 3rd line

I'd put KAM Schneids back together. You really have to consider puttiing Jones in over Gus. We're a long ways away from when everyone was touting him as $4-5M guy.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Ros
Cuylle Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Wennberg Vesey/Rempe

Lindgren Fox
KAM Schneider
Gus/Jones Trouba

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If you think the Canes style was a nightmare, this shits about to be an eye opening experience for you.

One thing for sure, rangers are gonna have to get their dirtbag on in this one. Panthers are unapologetically dirty so they need to be ready to return the favor.
Which the Rangers can do with the best of them. Too bad though that the NHL has essentially neutered Rempe and will call a penalty if he breathes on somebody.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Floridas style doesn’t always hold up well.

They physically fell apart in the Stanley cup… and that’s after making quick work of Toronto and Carolina

Reactions: Chytilmania

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Why is everyone so scared of Florida? It’s going to be a tough series. The Rangers have been comeback machines all year and have more talent than them. I’m not really sure what this team needs to do to make fans confident lol

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

Confirming the schedule posted above. A nice breather before another war.

I would not really consider either the Caps or the Canes anywhere near the physicality levels of the Panthers ......not even close . I hope we are up for that upcoming task . I'm not sure if we have that type of club to finish every single check . The bodies will be taxed for 60 minutes . They will target Shesty -Fox-Panarin and Trocheck on every shift & opportunity . We will need to do the same to Bob-Reinhart-Tkachuk-Barkov . It will be a heavy series all around and special teams will be very important . It would be nice to see Kakko grow a set and be able to contain/work over/make life miserable for some of the more talented Panther forwards . Him and Kreider are both big boys that seldom play to their size.......it will be needed now more than ever or else we are dead in the water .

8 wins left.....they will need to figure it out how bad they really want it . We cannot rely on Shesty to win us every game ......although he could ! Go Rangers .

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I would not really consider either the Caps or the Canes anywhere near the physicality levels of the Panthers ......not even close . I hope we are up for that upcoming task . I'm not sure if we have that type of club to finish every single check . The bodies will be taxed for 60 minutes . They will target Shesty -Fox-Panarin and Trocheck on every shift & opportunity . We will need to do the same to Bob-Reinhart-Tkachuk-Barkov . It will be a heavy series all around and special teams will be very important . It would be nice to see Kakko grow a set and be able to contain/work over/make life miserable for some of the more talented Panther forwards . Him and Kreider are both big boys that seldom play to their size.......it will be needed now more than ever or else we are dead in the water .

8 wins left.....they will need to figure it out how bad they really want it . We cannot rely on Shesty to win us every game ......although he could ! Go Rangers .
This will be a war and the Rangers will absolutely respond in the physicality department. They play better when things get physical and we do have the players to play that game.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I just am considering is it worth it. I see club seats for 600-700... is it worth the travel and a horrible Monday at work instead of watching it from the coach
i wouldn't have work the day after, it's Memorial Day. i work in a school. would have been perfect for me, personally.

still cheaper than sitting in good seats at the Garden, too, that's a solid price

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
i wouldn't have work the day after, it's Memorial Day. i work in a school. would have been perfect for me, personally.

still cheaper than sitting in good seats at the Garden, too, that's a solid price
Oh wait that’s right….. we’re closed lol totally forgot about that. I’ve been a zombie the past 3 weeks. 80-90 hour work weeks

• Wow
Reactions: FultonReed

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Panthers are tuffer than a 2$ steak ...But this Rangers team just has something about it that f***ing push in that 3rd period to win game 6 they are built for this Rangers win this in 7 games.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Which the Rangers can do with the best of them. Too bad though that the NHL has essentially neutered Rempe and will call a penalty if he breathes on somebody.

I don’t think they’re going to be able to justify it in this series especially after giving Bennett a free Pass (it wasn’t intentional, but that doesn’t really matter.)

It has to be more than just Rempe though.

Oh wait that’s right….. we’re closed lol totally forgot about that. I’ve been a zombie the past 3 weeks. 80-90 hour work weeks

Lol wtf do you do?

You should have gotten 2 ice creams

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Rempe won't stop either of them from being who they are and he'll likely make the Rangers short-handed.

I'm sure there's some reason, but I don't understand why Edstrom isn't playing ahead of Rempe and Brod.
I was thinking about this. Chytil is the obvious choice if he's healthy. But beyond that, "The Rempe Effect" where he gets penalized for being huge is a thing. Brodzinski is a career AHLer, but at least steady. Wheeler looked slow and old before the injury. But honestly, the last forward spot shouldn't really matter. The only reason I'd give the edge to Rempe is, he's high impact, no pun intended. He throws guys off their game looking out for him. He also gets in guys' heads. But ultimately, we are a tremendously deep team which is why this is even an issue.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don’t think they’re going to be able to justify it in this series especially after giving Bennett a free Pass (it wasn’t intentional, but that doesn’t really matter.)

It has to be more than just Rempe though.
It's not just Rempe. Kreider, Trocheck, Laf, Trouba, Goodrow, Cullye, Schneider, Lindgren, Vesey, can all play that game if needed. Kakko and Miller are also big boys. The Rangers are looked at as being a team of dirtbags by a lot of fans across the league. I like it.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's not just Rempe. Kreider, Trocheck, Laf, Trouba, Cullye, Schneider, Lindgren, Vesey, can all play that game if needed. Kakko and Miller are also big boys. The Rangers are looked at as being a team of dirtbags by a lot of fans across the league. I like it.

Yeah time to earn that reputation.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mika really needs to match the play of Barkov. If Mika can be the 1C we need him to be , feel pretty good about the series.

They have a Tkachuck and a Reinhart but we have a Panarin who really needs to get back to that regular season play and we have a Chris Kreider who basically is clutch.

Plus add Trocheck who is also having a strong playoffs. I think he will counter their Verhaeghe well.

My only concern is they have a bottom 6 that can score more and a better D. Although for every Trouba there is an Ekblad. Rangers are better in goal, Bob can be inconsistent and can have games where he cannot even stop a beach ball. Shesty has far more consistency .

I think it will be at least a 6 game series and there’s gonna be a lot of emotion back and forth. More than last series.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
What an absurdly defeatist attitude especially after we just beat the second best team in the east in 6.
I literally took his post as sarcasm. I hope no fans are truly that negative! We literally have the best team in the league.

LGR!

I don’t know what to expect in this series honestly, first game will be telling to me. If Chytil is still out, I think Remps needs to be in to set a physical tone. Games 1 and 3 are traditionally the biggest hitting games in the playoffs and I can see Fla trying to push us around.

Brodzinsky adds literally nothing.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So no go with Chytil as a C?

Cuylee , Chytil , Kakko
Goodrow, Wennberg , Vesey

I literally took his post as sarcasm. I hope no fans are truly that negative! We literally have the best team in the league.

LGR!

I don’t know what to expect in this series honestly, first game will be telling to me. If Chytil is still out, I think Remps needs to be in to set a physical tone. Games 1 and 3 are traditionally the biggest hitting games in the playoffs and I can see Fla trying to push us around.

Brodzinsky adds literally nothing.
If Chytil is out we probably see Wheeler imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad