ECF Game 7: Washington Capitals @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN1, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
1aTnBij.png

rNqGQgg.png

N0m7zgH.png

52evuRB.png

6cjHu3K.png

NLXgY8e.png

Sq416cQ.png

anvKM6g.png

BLAfdTd.png

b4d77fa.png

s4Poh0J.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
Blues fan here. I really find myself pulling for the Caps because I feel like this might be one of the last/best shot Ovie has at playing for a cup and I think Tampa is young and good enough to have several more runs in the next 5 years. I also think the narrative of the Capitals facing MAF & GMGM for the cup is just too damn good to pass up. I'm not even sure who I would root for if that were the case. Either way it's been a heck of an entertaining playoffs thus far.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
It has been an extremely long road full of ups and downs for Ovi(mostly downs). After last year's loss to the Pens I think it was Ovi, or one of the other mad Russians, that said that it was the worst they have ever felt.

I really and truly believe it will be sheer willpower that leads the Caps to victory tonight. They said f*** it... we had enough.... it is time. I love this team with all my heart....... my body is ready for whatever happens tonight

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why does everyone think this is the Caps last chance at this? I mean they have Ovi and Kuzy back next year. I know Ovi isnt getting any younger but I think they still have a few years of dominance left in them.

Reactions: irunthepeg

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
TB has yet to put together a full game in this series. That could be viewed as good, if you think they can still put one together or bad, if you think they just don't have the gear and are worn out.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
Why does everyone think this is the Caps last chance at this? I mean they have Ovi and Kuzy back next year. I know Ovi isnt getting any younger but I think they still have a few years of dominance left in them.
Maybe not last, but best chance so far. Win 1 game, go to cup finals vs. win 11 playoff games to get back to this spot. I mean, I'm pretty sure Chicago fans didn't think it was coming to an end in 2015 either...

CapsDC

May 2, 2018

I think Ovi has 2-3 years of elite play left before we start to see a decline, so this isn't his LAST chance. But who knows if they'll ever make it to the ECF again? It took Ovi like 13 years to get there, and the Caps 20 years to get back. I think people are saying this could be his last really good chance(one game away), especially since many think this team greatly over-achieved this year. Sports is fickle like that

Reactions: shtorm2005

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think Ovi has 2-3 years of elite play left before we start to see a decline, so this isn't his LAST chance. But who knows if they'll ever make it to the ECF again? It took Ovi like 13 years to get there, and the Caps 20 years to get back. I think people are saying this could be his last really good chance(one game away), especially since many think this team greatly over-achieved this year. Sports is fickle like that

I agree with your point. Im just saying that I dont see much change in their team next year. If they dont win tonight, they have great experience to lean on. I know its not easy to get to this point but there is a reason why they got this far and did not the other years. I think they have a much better idea on how you play to get this far.

member 147413

I’m cheering for OV, he’s one of the greatest goal scorers ever. Hope he wins the cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I hope Tampa can slow down that freight train that is the WASH CAPS.

Need some major help from Vasy, Stammer and Kuch. It will take everything the Bolts have to steal this game. Caps are huge favorites and rightly so. They have out-played the Bolts in almost every game.

The fans will need to be the thunder and Tampa will need to play out of their minds.

Go Bolts!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think we just need to take care of our opportunities and limit their grade A chances. The Caps are big and fast but we are fast and skilled too. We will get our chances at home. Just have to bury them and Vasi needs to have another great outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad