ECF Game 6: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Washington Capitals | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN1, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
RlDL4Hk.gif

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa has done a good so far not letting teams hang around once they have them on the ropes. I think that trend continues tonight, but only if TB works for it. I don't think the shell tactic is going to work in an elimination game. Gotta come out hard and fast and not take your foot off the gas. Try and get the lead and make the Caps open up. You have the advantage when that happens.

Gonna call this a close one. 2-1 TB.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is going to be an intense game. Caps have nothing to lose.

Predicting individual games is pointless, but I think Tampa has yet to give their best effort for 60 minutes. I hope that happens tonight.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Washington being unable to match TB in high danger scoring chances despite generally dominating possession and shot totals, along with a less than stellar goaltending performance is what's doing in the Caps so far.

^From the series thread

You won't hear me argue against that. I think the the Capitals have largely outplayed the Lightning during the series but all that matters at the end of the night is the scoreboard and who wins. The Caps could hit the post on wide open nets 100 times tonight while Tampa barely squeaks one in that has to go to a goal review and win the game 1-0 but not a single Lightning fan would care because you'd be in the Finals.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Looks like a lot of confident Bolts fans, let's hope the Lightning players carry that same overconfidence into the game (in all seriousness I know they won't, they're professional players).

Let's Go Caps! Time to buck the trend at home and carry that momentum into Tampa!

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
^From the series thread

You won't hear me argue against that. I think the the Capitals have largely outplayed the Lightning during the series but all that matters at the end of the night is the scoreboard and who wins. The Caps could hit the post on wide open nets 100 times tonight while Tampa barely squeaks one in that has to go to a goal review and win the game 1-0 but not a single Lightning fan would care because you'd be in the Finals.

Any Caps fan who argues otherwise hasn't been paying attention or hasn't been a fan for very long. We've watched the Caps outplay opponents in playoff appearances for 44 years now and have nothing to show for it. In the NHL you can put 40 shots on net and the other team has only 10, but if only 1 of your shots to 2 of theirs goes in you're toast.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I think the Capitals win tonight if they stop giving the Lightning "freebies". The unforced turnovers have killed them and I think the Caps take Game 4 if Kempny doesn't make one of the worst blind passes up the middle of the defensive zone that I've ever seen.

Stay out of the box and keep the boneheaded plays to a minimum or else Tampa will make you pay. I don't think Holtby has it in him to bail out the Capitals if it comes down to it. My head tells me the Lightning win tonight but my heart tells me 5-3, Caps.

Reactions: SabresSharks

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Any Caps fan who argues otherwise hasn't been paying attention or hasn't been a fan for very long. We've watched the Caps outplay opponents in playoff appearances for 44 years now and have nothing to show for it. In the NHL you can put 40 shots on net and the other team has only 10, but if only 1 of your shots to 2 of theirs goes in you're toast.
Believe me, I've watched every Caps playoff series since Ovechkin's been around and I know how frustrating it is. The only time I haven't wanted them to win is when they're playing the Flyers, otherwise they're my second team (I'm from MD and played hockey at Piney). I can feel the pain and watching them lose to the Penguins and Rangers despite looking like the better team at times always sucked. I really hope they don't pull a Game 7 from last year and just give up if they face adversity tonight and possibly Wednesday. Ovechkin is on a mission this year but he needs a lot more help from everyone else. The secondary scoring has dried up and the defense has been a solid turd.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Plays like Kuznetsov's brain fart that led to that first goal are the types of things I've only seen happen to the Caps. Maybe it's confirmation bias and I'm only looking for it with them but it's hard to understand how a play like that happens to a first round draft pick playing arguably the best hockey out of the entire team.... but then again lolCapslol

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Plays like Kuznetsov's brain fart that led to that first goal are the types of things I've only seen happen to the Caps. Maybe it's confirmation bias and I'm only looking for it with them but it's hard to understand how a play like that happens to a first round draft pick playing arguably the best hockey out of the entire team.... but then again lolCapslol

I mean - do you remember last series against the Pens? Letang inexplicably giving up a breakaway by being on the wrong side of the ice? The turnover that led to the series-winning goal? Letang just in general?

Players f*** up - especially creative players like Kuznetsov. That's just one of the things you have to take with a player like that.

Edit: Although he was really soft along the wall there - I don't mean to excuse him. You need to come out and play hard and he didn't, but sometimes players f*** up. He was by far the best player on the ice for the Caps last game all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad