ECF Game 5: Washington Capitals @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 7:15 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
1aTnBij.png

ljntLIu.png

jEtVm4q.png

WPR3eMF.png

asqntRQ.png

KDz23NY.png

nLJIJW9.png

Isdzs88.png

BLAfdTd.png

nwVJ9bW.png

s4Poh0J.png

CBC Legal Stream

Last edited by a moderator:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
from the series thread which was just temp-locked
Backstrom returned with injury not from injury...and they might not be where they are without those 3 players...put the pitchfork down...

I wasn't talking about Backstrom. I was talking about Burakovsky who was out for the 4 game streak vs Cbus and the entire Pens series, and has put up ZERO points on 5 shots in 6 playoff games this year. He has been awful and the team plays much better without him. We noted his ineptitude on our board even after beating TB, so he's not being scapegoated or attacked by a mob.

If Trotz can bench Holtby to start the playoffs he can certainly sit Burakovsky.

As for today's game I hope to see different lines from Trotz and Burakovsky watching from the press box. Roll what worked in the first two rounds.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Could be the last game at Amalie Arena this season. This is lovely gift from the Bolts and/or Caps depend on how you see this series so far.

I know the Bolts will make the most of this opportunity. Be the THUNDER one more time! Go Bolts!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
No team has ever come back from down 0-2 at home in the conference finals. WASH has dominated us 5v5. Hopefully, we can compete and not get embarrassed. Very humbling week. Go Bolts!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Winner tonight wins the series or nah?

Not always the case. Recent examples that pop in my mind are TB vs Pittsburgh in 2016, TB won game 5 in dramatic fashion in overtime to go up 3-2 but lost games 6 and 7. Chicago vs Anaheim in 2015 western conference finals. Anaheim won game 5 but also lost 6 and 7. It’s a race to 4 not 3.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
if tampa continues to be opportunistic and 88 does the same, caps probably don't come out ahead there

Reactions: DaBolts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad