v774e3r.jpg

xlT5qBT.jpg

1sn281z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I've said this on th pens board but ...

I don't care of the pens lose. Of course I WANT them to win but these things happen. All I ask is that they show up. Game 3 was not showing up. That was mailing it in.

Here's to a good game!!

Go pens go. Pens 2 - 1 Sens in OT

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

I don't care of the pens lose. Of course I WANT them to win but these things happen. All I ask is that they show up. Game 3 was not showing up. That was mailing it in.

Here's to a good game!!

Hear, hear!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Call me a coward but I hope the Pens do not show up.

Yeah, I said it.

But I don't think they will do so two games in a row.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Call me a coward but I hope the Pens do not show up.

Yeah, I said it.

But I don't think they will do so two games in a row.

Its not about not showing up, there's just too many key injuries at this point. They got away with it on defense for awhile. But after losing two very important forwards on top of it....chances are slim.

Sens are a good enough team to win. Pens would have a hard time against the Avs right now, let alone a team like the Sens.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
The backend is depleted and outside of Crosby, Malkin and Kessel, Hornquist is a forward we don't want to be missing but we are.

The injuries are catching up and the system is having a tough time running the way its supposed to.

All said and done the team still has some of most skilled players up front in the world and they always have a chance

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa

Here's to a good game!!

I think they played fine in Game 3. They had a really rough situation on their hands from an electric Ottawa team for 5 minutes in the 1st, but beyond that I think they played fine.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
I'm a little surprised that Murray is starting, with as solid as Fleury has been. However, I think that Murray is the better goaltender, and if Sullivan thinks he gives us the best chance to win, then he's in.

Pens offense needs to show up now. We've gone what, six games in a row now without scoring more than two goals? Can't happen if we want to win.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I think any thoughts of the underdog role switching are completely nullified by one of the Conn Smythe candidates from last year now between the pipes for the Pens once again (not that Fleury was chopped liver). Hope we can squeak out a win to give us more breathing room to get a final win in the next three games against the defending champs.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Sens are riding the lightning right now. Murray coming in cold could spell a disastrous 1st period for the Penguins.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sens are riding the lightning right now. Murray coming in cold could spell a disastrous 1st period for the Penguins.

Highly doubt that but whatever gives the Sens hope.

OP, where the heck did you get that Penguins lineup?

Kuhnhackl is out as per several reports...and Guance? Yeah no. Murray is also the confirmed starter.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm a little surprised that Murray is starting, with as solid as Fleury has been. However, I think that Murray is the better goaltender, and if Sullivan thinks he gives us the best chance to win, then he's in.

Pens offense needs to show up now. We've gone what, six games in a row now without scoring more than two goals? Can't happen if we want to win.

Murray is better positioning wise but I think he's not as good as far as making blow you away saves. Murray isn't great at stealing games when his defense doesn't show up, MAF is. I always say Murray is a guy who is exposed if he plays for a so-so or bad team

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Its not about not showing up, there's just too many key injuries at this point. They got away with it on defense for awhile. But after losing two very important forwards on top of it....chances are slim.

Sens are a good enough team to win. Pens would have a hard time against the Avs right now, let alone a team like the Sens.

The way the Sens are playing right they would beat a healthy Pittsburgh team.

The Sens have players playing with injuries also, come on be man and stop finding excuses, this is cowardly to be honest

Pens are still a very good team, you still have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Murray, those are not chop lever!!!

You are finding all sorts of excuses because if ever the Sens win the series, which the Pens could very well still win, you don't want to give any credit to the Sens

Instead you will say the Sens beat us because of all the injuries, because we were tired from the previous series, blah blah blah!!!

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
The way the Sens are playing right they would beat a healthy Pittsburgh team.

The Sens have players playing with injuries also, come on be man and stop finding excuses, this is cowardly to be honest

Pens are still a very good team, you still have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Murray, those are not chop lever!!!

You are finding all sorts of excuses because if ever the Sens win the series, which the Pens could very well still win, you don't want to give any credit to the Sens

Instead you will say the Sens beat us because of all the injuries, because we were tired from the previous series, blah blah blah!!!

Awesome post. Full of lovely nuggets.

10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad