ECF Game 3: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Washington Capitals | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I swear we have the most reactionary fan base. 2 games ago you were telling everyone who would listen how we would sweep.

Hockey isn't always a smooth path, but you have to take the bumps in the road in stride. No team is ever as good as they are on their best day, nor as bad as they are on their worst.
This so much. After every win we're the best team in the league and after every loss someone needs to be fired. :dunno:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This so much. After every win we're the best team in the league and after every loss someone needs to be fired. :dunno:

I'll take this one. I waited for that second game before I saw reality. No team has come from down 0-2 in the CF. We're not going to change that. Game 2 was a must win and the game we should have rebounded. Instead, we rolled over. Attacking your fellow fans is weak and lame. You should bang on that underachieving weak staff we have.

Cooper can't get us over the hump. No need to waste anymore of this window on him. Sorry, facts are facts. He needed to get to the Finals to keep his job IMHO. He'll probably get one more year unfortunately. After next year's playoff exit we can jettison that gum chomping dead weight.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Trust me, that’s just how these boards work. I guess it’s human nature...
You mean...it's normal for fans that passionately follow sports teams to be disappointed and excited when their team does bad and good?

THE HELL YOU SAY!

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
TB got too much of the NYR disease imo.

Last game could have been AV behind the bench - came out cold, struggled to get sustained pressure, got beat to every puck, got physically abused and didn't answer... it was eerie.

Then of course, G playing it off the glass to the other team over and over, Miller passing up a quality shot for a stupid pass that ends up in his own net, McD disappearing.

G and Miller are the most problematic imo - Miller is a quality scorer at times and G can be serviceable with light usage but they're both very error prone, and the margins are too tight for that kind of BS late in the playoffs.
JT Miller is not a quality scorer.

3 goals in 52 playoff games.
23 points in 52 playoff games.

This has been his most explosive playoff, playing with some of the best talent in the world, and he has a whopping 2 goals 12 games.

Miller is the definition of "this is heavy, you carry it" passenger. Never liked him as a Ranger. Don't like him with the Lightning. Never understood how Ranger fans thought this guy could be a cornerstone of the Rangers team.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
I'll take this one. I waited for that second game before I saw reality. No team has come from down 0-2 in the CF. We're not going to change that. Game 2 was a must win and the game we should have rebounded. Instead, we rolled over. Attacking your fellow fans is weak and lame. You should bang on that underachieving weak staff we have.

Cooper can't get us over the hump. No need to waste anymore of this window on him. Sorry, facts are facts. He needed to get to the Finals to keep his job IMHO. He'll probably get one more year unfortunately. After next year's playoff exit we can jettison that gum chomping dead weight.

Actually the team going up 2-0 on the road has won 39 of 41.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
JT Miller is not a quality scorer.

3 goals in 52 playoff games.
23 points in 52 playoff games.

This has been his most explosive playoff, playing with some of the best talent in the world, and he has a whopping 2 goals 12 games.
I didn't mean in the playoffs specifically, he's a quality scorer overall imo.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I didn't mean in the playoffs specifically, he's a quality scorer overall imo.
He is good for 20 goals and 50 points in the regular season, and for whatever reason, absolutely disappears every playoffs. You can count on a no show from him.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
TB got too much of the NYR disease imo.

Last game could have been AV behind the bench - came out cold, struggled to get sustained pressure, got beat to every puck, got physically abused and didn't answer... it was eerie.

Then of course, G playing it off the glass to the other team over and over, Miller passing up a quality shot for a stupid pass that ends up in his own net, McD disappearing.

G and Miller are the most problematic imo - Miller is a quality scorer at times and G can be serviceable with light usage but they're both very error prone, and the margins are too tight for that kind of BS late in the playoffs.

Miller has been really good for us until this series. G has actually not been as horrid as McD the last couple games although he does have a tendency, as you said, bounce it off the glass to the wrong team. McD has made some really huge mistakes, missed crucial coverages which left his partner to defend alone, and is having trouble passing. Also should have gotten an assist on the Caps goal last game.

Strålman is probably playing injured after missing 9:02 of Game 1, and the following practice day, so I'll cut him some slack for his problems in Game 2. 70% of Strålman is still better then Girardi or our 'backup' RD, Sustr or Dotchin.

There's always hope, but the Bolts will have to play like they did the first half of the season, not like post-AS break.

Let's go :bolts!!!

Pleeeeeeeeease don't suck!! :puppy:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
LETS GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: AnimalFear

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Miller has been really good for us until this series. G has actually not been as horrid as McD the last couple games although he does have a tendency, as you said, bounce it off the glass to the wrong team. McD has made some really huge mistakes, missed crucial coverages which left his partner to defend alone, and is having trouble passing. Also should have gotten an assist on the Caps goal last game.

Strålman is probably playing injured after missing 9:02 of Game 1, and the following practice day, so I'll cut him some slack for his problems in Game 2. 70% of Strålman is still better then Girardi or our 'backup' RD, Sustr or Dotchin.

There's always hope, but the Bolts will have to play like they did the first half of the season, not like post-AS break.

Let's go :bolts!!!

Pleeeeeeeeease don't suck!! :puppy:
Yeah, Miller is good but like I said, prone to stupid moves like last game. Always overthinks the pass instead of just shooting. Can be good when he's with bonafide snipers like Stamkos and Kucherov but even then sometimes the right move is to just put the puck on net.

Surprised McD is struggling, he was always solid for NYR in the postseason, especially in his own zone, but the last few years he definitely left me wanting offensively.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

And the Caps have never won after winning the first two games on the road.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I can't see the Bolts losing three in a row..........hope I'm wrong.

Vasilevskiy making early stops will be the key. Teams tend to loosen up on the road in the NHL, Bolts will more than likely play relaxed and more free, and with that style they can be deadly.

Last edited:

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Tampa has to score first, if they give up another early goal things will get very ugly very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad