Ottawa
28mioah.png

TautFoolhardyCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

682777086_slide.jpg

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Im in San Fran for the week for work. So this game will be at 5pm for me and that's the time my conference ends for the day. Gotta get used to these west coast playoff times now, it's kinda nice actually, no waiting.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Im in San Fran for the week for work. So this game will be at 5pm for me and that's the time my conference ends for the day. Gotta get used to these west coast playoff times now, it's kinda nice actually, no waiting.

Perfect timing for a burger at a bar while in jersey and shorts. Maybe try and order a chicken parm ;)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I love being out on the left coast... Hockey starts at 4-5 and the local time zone games end at a decent hour.

Hitting the bar at 4 is also appealing :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is it boring hockey to develop a system with the players you have that can not only get the team into the playoffs that a number of so called experts said would not make the playoffs? Is it boring hockey to also have that same strategy beat a Bruins team that supposedly had one of the best & hottest top lines going into the playoffs. Is it boring hockey to have a system & a team execute that system to perfection to beat one of the best goalies in the world & a Rangers team that arguably had the best four lines in the NHL? Is it boring hockey to have a system in place & a strategy to slow down the best offensive hockey players in the league & defending SC champions by executing the game plan once again to perfection?

Or is it just that the Ottawa coaching staff has outsmarted ever other team it has faced so far in the playoffs with an intelligent strategy to clog up the neutral zone & slow fast teams down. Then take advantage of turnovers with a very good transition game which has resulted in beating the so called better teams in consecutive series & is now leading the defending SC champs by winning game 1. Is it boring hockey or just outsmarting the opposition, executing a perfect game plan & taking advantage of turnovers with a fast transition game that offends opposition fans?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't buy into the whole boring thing... its BS...

You have your team and you have your opponent. You structure a game plan that gives you the best chance of winning .. its as simple as that.. These boys play the game to win (both sides)... The Pens will make some adjustments .. they will try to break down the trap .. forcing the Sens to be too deep or chip it by and attack.

I like the transition from defending without the puck to gaining possession in the neutral zone and attacking... Its good hockey imo.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I don't buy into the whole boring thing... its BS...

You have your team and you have your opponent. You structure a game plan that gives you the best chance of winning .. its as simple as that.. These boys play the game to win (both sides)... The Pens will make some adjustments .. they will try to break down the trap .. forcing the Sens to be too deep or chip it by and attack.

I like the transition from defending without the puck to gaining possession in the neutral zone and attacking... Its good hockey imo.

Oh I agree!

Personally if a team cannot beat this system, the boring game is on that team. Rangers were good at beating it, so Sens were forced to score more. And they did score. The games were more back and forth.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Lucky
Boring
Talentless
Laughable
Awful
Terrible
Annoying

Pick an adjective, any adjective, haters. We're up 1-0 on the Pens and your team is probably somewhere off the Mediterranean:laugh:

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Is it boring hockey to develop a system with the players you have that can not only get the team into the playoffs that a number of so called experts said would not make the playoffs? Is it boring hockey to also have that same strategy beat a Bruins team that supposedly had one of the best & hottest top lines going into the playoffs. Is it boring hockey to have a system & a team execute that system to perfection to beat one of the best goalies in the world & a Rangers team that arguably had the best four lines in the NHL? Is it boring hockey to have a system in place & a strategy to slow down the best offensive hockey players in the league & defending SC champions by executing the game plan once again to perfection?

Or is it just that the Ottawa coaching staff has outsmarted ever other team it has faced so far in the playoffs with an intelligent strategy to clog up the neutral zone & slow fast teams down. Then take advantage of turnovers with a very good transition game which has resulted in beating the so called better teams in consecutive series & is now leading the defending SC champs by winning game 1. Is it boring hockey or just outsmarting the opposition, executing a perfect game plan & taking advantage of turnovers with a fast transition game that offends opposition fans?

Every team and fanbase in the league would support their teams "boring" 1-3-1 hockey if it meant them winning a Cup. People who say they wouldn't are full of s**t. All of the people ripping our teams style of play are calling it from a general NHL fan perspective. Who doesn't want to see high scoring, high paced hockey? If the Sens were out of the playoffs i'd absolutely be more motivated to tune into a game if every night it was 6-4. But the reality is that the road you travel is irrelevant, it's the destination that counts.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Did I just hear correctly on SN that Burrows is out tomorrow?

I don't recall an injury what happened?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Did I just hear correctly on SN that Burrows is out tomorrow?

I don't recall an injury what happened?

He had a few shifts late where he was just blanketed all over Sid, shadowing him perfectly. He'll be missed

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Garrioch had a video on TSN saying that Burrows is expected ready for game 2.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
He had a few shifts late where he was just blanketed all over Sid, shadowing him perfectly. He'll be missed

Burrows will be. He is a role player playing limited, but very important defensive minutes. He also almost scored in the last game, it appeared he was due one of these games. Hope it's short term and Stalberg can replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad