GDT: ECF #4 - 05/22/15 | New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 8:00 - NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
Yeah and the same stupid tired regular season argument could have been used with Montreal last year. Nothing absolutely nothing over the last 10 years points to Hank being **** again tonight.

He has proven time and again over his career giving up 6 goals 2 games in a row is a fluke, but thanks.

So your argument is, the past doesn't matter....but the past matters. Great argument :handclap:

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Haha it was a cool celebration and a little classless but he scored on a tap in. Haha. It would be different if he sniped top corner and rang some post.

The funniest par about this goal is that it was AGAINST the Lightning, they were so pissed, just like they will be tonight. :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Although playing Hank this game is a mistake, it is not one from which NYR can't recover, a la game 1.

It's just that it is doing it the hard way, needlessly.

We are fighting w/1+ hand tied behind our back.
No Zuc. de facto, no MSL.

need a scorer, Haggerty

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Although playing Hank this game is a mistake, it is not one from which NYR can't recover, a la game 1.

need a scorer, Haggerty

thats never going to happen, and nobody agrees with you

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

need a scorer, Haggerty

Yes, playing the best goalie in the league over the last 10 years is a mistake because he had 2 poor playoff games. Wonderful logic.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Fellas if we want to win the Cup THIS year, we have to win tonight in my view...we simply have too. No if's and's or but's about it. Not saying it's impossible that we couldn't get past TB if we lost tonight seeing this team is just about as resilient a team as I've seen in my 45 years of being part of Ranger Nation.

But as far as us winning the Cup which I'm sure you'll all agree was the goal and a realistic one heading into the playoffs, coming back from 3-1 deficit IMO would take too much energy to actually do it again. And even by some miracle it happenend and we set another NHL playoff record coming back from a 3-1 deficit in same year, we would very likely be so wiped out heading to the finals, it wouldn't shock me if we got swept....seriously.

My realistic recipe for success that still includes a Cup in our teams future is to win tonight, win a crucial Game 5 back home. We probably and very likely lose a Game 6 to TB and than head home for Game 7 in which the edict "in the King I trust" comes into play" and we prevail and head to the Cup finals.

Big difference playing a Game 7 when tied up in a series 2-2 rather than coming back from 3-1. We do it this way, we still have some ammo left in the holster for whoever emerges out West.

First things first...tonight. Get the W something I feel confident will occur. Looking at something like 2-1(imagine that score???...lol) stress fest with Hanky being Hanky again as we get our confidence and swag back. Here's to hoping fellas....cheers

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
It's not just on Hank it's on everyone. The sooner this team and this franchise gets away from this mindset the better.

The team as a whole needs to play better for 60m efforts.

Slow the game down and stop giving away the neutral zone.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It's not just on Hank it's on everyone. The sooner this team and this franchise gets away from this mindset the better.

Exactly, and make sure you stay in position in the defensive zone, positioning is everything on defense, you have to be ready to get yours sticks in the passing and shooting lanes, make a blocked shot if need be, win the battles against the boards, and so on.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Exactly. Stop giving them so much time and space, and make their smaller players have to play physical to earn their position on the ice.

And for the love of all things holy, stop letting them pass across the seam. All of the movement prevents Hank from having sound positioning.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

need a scorer, Haggerty

We might need a right handed scoring threat on the wing but that isn't Haggerty today.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

Slow it down is the key word. Get it deep and try to dictate the pace from below

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Exactly. Stop giving them so much time and space, and make their smaller players have to play physical to earn their position on the ice.

And for the love of all things holy, stop letting them pass across the seam. All of the movement prevents Hank from having sound positioning.

I'd like see our defense step in and hammer these guys. Nice clean hits that stop them from thinking clearly for a while. This is playoff hockey. .. level them

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
I'm kind of undecided about playing Hank tonight. On one hand I would like him to take a rest for one night. On the other hand, I can't imagine him having 3 straight bad games. That goes against the law of averages.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I'm kind of undecided about playing Hank tonight. On one hand I would like him to take a rest for one night. On the other hand, I can't imagine him having 3 straight bad games. That goes against the law of averages.

Hank absolutely starts, but the question is if he lets in 2 within the first 10-12 minutes...I cant say I'd be totally against pulling him.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'd like see our defense step in and hammer these guys. Nice clean hits that stop them from thinking clearly for a while. This is playoff hockey. .. level them

They HAVE too. Especially against that midget line. Make them pay physically and step up on them in the neutral zone.

If you have a chance to run a guy like Johnson hard, you take it...and with extreme prejudice.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@JimCerny: Cooper on Lundqvist: "he has paved his way to the Hall of Fame..I don't expect him to give up 6 goals tonight"”

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

need a scorer, Haggerty

Hopefully Kreider can avoid the big mistakes, tonight. No more stupid penalties and no more trying to hit someone when play is headed at your goalie, leading directly to a goal.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
“@JimCerny: Cooper on Lundqvist: "he has paved his way to the Hall of Fame..I don't expect him to give up 6 goals tonight"â€

True, but no one expected him to give up 6 either of the last two games. That said, you absolutely start him tonight. If he's off to a rough start? Then I just don't know. Unless the team knows something we don't health-wise, but I haven't noticed anything indicating an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad