GDT: ECF #3 - 05/22/14 | Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 8:00 - NBC SPORTS, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

e6o1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
GAME #3 - 05/22/2014

vs
(0) ____________ (2)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBC SPORTS, CBC, RDS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I think the message will probably be hammered pretty hard about our first period last night and we’re going to try to correct that.
So, whether we have a lead or not, we can’t come out and start like that again. We’ve got to try to do that back to them in our building.
So, I think that will be the focus and then get back to our game plan. If you do that and give yourself a chance, the series lead stuff will take care of itself.
- Brad Richards

To tie it up quickly like that, that was important to even out the momentum a little bit. The first period was a tough one.
They were going to press and they had a really strong 20 minutes there, but then going out in the second with the lead it felt good, we felt confident and we played strong in the 2nd and 3rd.
The third goal obviously was huge for us. You have to win in different ways and this was definitely a battle from the start.
- Henrik Lundqvist

It’s no secret that our start to last night’s game wasn’t good.
Give Montreal full marks, they came at us real hard, but at the end of the day we need to play better than we did.
We can’t rely on our goaltending the way we did last night.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="MONTREAL CANADIENS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 13 | GF | 39
W | 8 | GA | 36
L | 5 | GF/G | 3.00
HOME | 4-3 | GA/G | 2.77
AWAY | 4-2 | PP% | 22.2
STREAK | L2 | PK% | 74.3
PIM/G | 9.6 | FO% | 47.9

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Borque, Vanek | 5 Assists | P.K. Subban | 8 Points | P.K. Subban | 12 + / - | Mike Weaver | +8 Shots | Max Pacioretty | 47 Hits | Alexei Emelin | 46 Blocks | Alexei Emelin | 40 PIM | Brandon Prust | 25 FO% | David Desharnais | 48.8 TOI/G F: | Tomas Plekanec | 20:19 TOI/G D: | P.K. Subban | 26:55

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Max Pacioretty | David Desharnais | Brendan Gallagher
Alex Galchenyuk | Tomas Plekanec | Thomas Vanek
Rene Bourque | Lars Eller | Brian Gionta (C)
Brandon Prust | Danny Briere | Dale Weise

LD | RD
Josh Gorges (A) | P.K. Subban
Andrei Markov (A) | Alexei Emelin
Nathan Beaulieu | Mike Weaver

Scratched
Michael Bournival|
Ryan White|
George Parros|
Douglas Murray|
Travis Moen|
Francis Bouillon|
Mike Blunden|

STARTING GOALIE:

TokarskiDustin_1.png

Dustin Tokarski

GPI: 1 | W: 0 | L: 1
SV% .900 | GAA: 3.27 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Carey Price | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 16 | GF | 44
W | 10 | GA | 33
L | 6 | GF/G | 2.75
HOME | 4-3 | GA/G | 2.06
AWAY | 6-3 | PP% | 15.4
STREAK | W5 | PK% | 85.4
PIM/G | 8.4 | FO% | 46.7

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Richards, St. Louis | 5 Assists | Stepan, Zuccarello | 7 Points | St. Louis, Zuccarello | 11 + / - | Klein, Stral, Zucc | +7 Shots | Rick Nash | 56 Hits | Boyle, Girardi | 50 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 45 PIM | Hagelin, Moore, Poo | 14 FO% | Dominic Moore | 52.0 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 18:56 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:55

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derek Stepan | Chris Kreider
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Martin St. Louis
Benoit Pouliot | Dominic Moore | Mats Zuccarello
Dan Carcillo | Brian Boyle | Derek Dorsett

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Jesper Fast|
J.T. Miller|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 16 | W: 10 | L: 6
SV% .934 | GAA: 1.93 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Derick Brassard | Upper body (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerend.png

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This might be my favorite picture of all time. So badass.

RANGERS-master675.jpg

4-0 Rangers. I think one of the defenders explode offensively.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Feels good to have the team home, AV probably foaming at the mouth with the last change for the next two games.

LGR!

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I predict a game that will be decided in the third. 3-2, but I'm not sure who'll come out on top. The Habs will leave it all on the table tonight.

Our 4th line will come through. Dorsett has been knocking long enough. He gets a goal.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm going for a tight 3-2 win.

Goals by Pouliot, Richards and Kreider.

With Brassard likely back in the line-up, this team will be clicking with 4 lines again

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I'm going for a tight 3-2 win.

Goals by Pouliot, Richards and Kreider.

With Brassard likely back in the line-up, this team will be clicking with 4 lines again

I didn't see that as a problem last game tbh. Obviously, we are better with Brassard in the lineup, but I'm quite okay with Dom Moore in that 3c spot.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Cannot give the Canadians any life. As this series goes on longer, the more pressure will mount on us. Lets just finish it in NY!!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The fact that we have the opportunity to go up 3-0...in the Conference Finals...I can't even....

LGR!

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Pretty significant to win 2 games in MTL.

MSG should be rowdy tonight.

Im expecting a strong game by the Rangers.

They should have alot of confidence going into this one.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
True, but with Moore on the 3rd line, the 4th line is missing something.

I actually thought that 3rd line was missing Brassard's creativity and chemistry with his linemates while 4th line was ok with both Boyle and Dorsett stepping up their games and Carcillo being very adequate and not missing a bit after not playing for awhile.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
BTW, I had a surgery yesterday to repair a completely torn ACL so last night wasn't fun at all. Really hoping the Rangers will be up 3 games after tonight to ease the pain!

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I work in the city and everyone is on the New York Rangers high right now. It's actually pretty cool hearing people who aren't exactly fans of the game excited for the team. I'd love to see the league gain popularity as I'm kind of sick of the National Felon League running the show. Aside from that, I've had anxiety since last night and I'm having a hard time here at work today. Is it 8 yet?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
BTW, I had a surgery yesterday to repair a completely torn ACL so last night wasn't fun at all. Really hoping the Rangers will be up 3 games after tonight to ease the pain!

Kinda funny, first half of yer name (number in mine).

Hope all heals to 100%

Need teamwork here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad