ECF | (2) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Pens lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Pittsburgh has the most talented roster in the league
So even if they look out of answers and tired they could easily win the next 3 without breaking a sweat (they were supposed to win in 4 anyway)
An angry Malkin is scary when he's playing hockey though
Not when he's losing his cool like yesterday

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not going to sit here and say "The Senators have figured the Pens out" like many Pens fans were saying after Game 2 because each game is not simply a continuation of the past game but rather a new set of circumstances.

Still nice to see Ottawa answer the critics by pumping 5 goals in and once again keeping the Pens to one goal against.

The ball was certainly in Ottawa's court and they basically smashed it into the Penguins' collective faces.

On to the next challenge where the Pens are going to be ornery and determined after collectively losing their **** by the end of the game.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
So even if they look out of answers and tired they could easily win the next 3 without breaking a sweat (they were supposed to win in 4 anyway)

Looking at the game 3 roster, do you actually believe this?

Tenkrat

May 18, 2017
I'm not going to sit here and say "The Senators have figured the Pens out" like many Pens fans were saying after Game 2 because each game is not simply a continuation of the past game.

Still nice to see Ottawa answer the critics by pumping 5 goals in and once again keeping the Pens to one goal against.

The ball was certainly in Ottawa's court and they basically smashed it in the Penguins' collective faces.

On to the next challenge where the Pens are going to be ornery and determined after collectively losing their **** by the end of the game.

Next game is very critical for sure. If Ottawa wins, I think it's fairly safe to assume that they should be able to finish off the Penguins. However if the Penguins can pull off a decisive victory, they will have the momentum going to a BO3 with 2 games at home.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Next game is very critical for sure. If Ottawa wins, I think it's fairly safe to assume that they should be able to finish off the Penguins. However if the Penguins can pull off a decisive victory, they will have the momentum going to a BO3 with 2 games at home.

Agreed.

Unlike Game 2, Game 4 is much more of a must-win for the Senators if they want to keep their momentum going.

They want to take advantage of match-ups and the home crowd.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Up to this point, New York was a much scarier team. A lot more depth, despite the injuries to Letang and Hornqvist (Schultz/Rust are meh).

Pittsburgh still has a great chance to come back...but I'm sorry, when your team has Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel, you aren't allowed to use injuries as an excuse.

Ottawa may only have Burrows and Boro out of the lineup, but half our roster is injured or hurt in some way and playing through it. That's hockey.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Numerology man... It was foretold :laugh:

Boring little snots that shouldn't even be here that are prone to occasional outbursts of offense.

Sens rope-a-dope , don't get caught in the trap

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm not going to sit here and say "The Senators have figured the Pens out" like many Pens fans were saying after Game 2 because each game is not simply a continuation of the past game but rather a new set of circumstances.

The ball was certainly in Ottawa's court and they basically smashed it into the Penguins' collective faces.

I don't think it's possible to 'figure out' the Penguins. You can try to contain superstars, but there's a reason they're consistently the best.

With that being said, three games, all holding the Penguins to one goal. The system worked amazing in the regular season vs Washington and is doing the same in the playoffs against the Penguins. Still a scary roster, though

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Up to this point, New York was a much scarier team. A lot more depth, despite the injuries to Letang and Hornqvist (Schultz/Rust are meh)

I actually think Boston played us the toughest out of our 3 playoff opponents so far. They attacked us in a way that neither the Rangers did or the Pens have done yet, were way more aggressive, and I thought they had the best game plan of the 3 teams we've faced.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ice was garbage last night. I think that contributed to some of the scrambly goals scored on Fleury, and once the game was out of reach, made it much easier to shut down the Pens speed and skill.

Not sure we can count on that happening again; I fully expect the next game to be closely contested.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ice was garbage last night. I think that contributed to some of the scrambly goals scored on Fleury, and once the game was out of reach, made it much easier to shut down the Pens speed and skill.

Not sure we can count on that happening again; I fully expect the next game to be closely contested.

Bur wouldn't it be soooo coool if it was just a repeat :laugh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Sadly, our injuries and hockey played are catching up with us

Was just coming to type this.

With a full roster or even just missing Letang I think the Pens are the best team in the league but too many guys are out now for them to compete.

Also, the Pens seem to lose a lot of guys every year.....its a miracle they stayed healthy for last years Cup run.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I actually think Boston played us the toughest out of our 3 playoff opponents so far. They attacked us in a way that neither the Rangers did or the Pens have done yet, were way more aggressive, and I thought they had the best game plan of the 3 teams we've faced.

I'll go Rangers because at times they were more then we could handle, Boston had the best spirit out of any team and I felt were the best coached so far in temrs of they got the most out of what they had against Ottawa.

TBD but Pitt seems burnt out to me. Frustrated, lacking hunger, and beat up.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Well that was a lot of fun as a Sens fan. In saying that. It is no longer relevent. Game 4 is a clean slate. I fully expect a hard push back. Crysby, Malkin and crew are way to talented to be held to just 1 goal a game long term. I would not be surprised to see a similar score but reverse outcome this game.

Regardless of the outcome it is impossible to not enjoy this ride as a Sens fan. Will we win 2 of the final 4 games? Will see. I think they win it in 6. Who knows though. Just going to keep enjoying the ride. Go Sens Go!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Murray will start I'm assuming, glad we scored on him last night so there is no narrative about him closing the door, but a whole new challenge to defeat him, in a must win game for Pitt they'll show their teeth (and in Kessel's case his guts - but not the good kind of guts, the guts that are caused by hot dogs and other fast foods)

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

I disagree with Pens easily taking 3 in a row

Yes, they could win the series and no one should count that out at all. But after watching ottawa play all year and playoffs, it would shock me to see them lose 3 in a row. The biggest positive about ottawa is their never die attitude and fight.

So despite who wins this series, ottawa will put up a good fight to the end.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

It helps that they had the best performing forward line out of all three teams.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Murray will start I'm assuming

I think that would be a pretty ****** thing to do to MAF considering the Pens are golfing if it wasn't for him.

I get it but it seems like he has earned another start after ONE bad game. Guy has two shutouts in his last four starts.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

NYR for me, every game was scary -> 2-3 breakaways and constantly playing from behind.

That series was hard on the heart. Felt much more comfortable against Boston than NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad