GDT: ECF #2 - 05/18/15 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers | 8:00 - NBC, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

scnyrlogoo1.png
bannergdt.png
scnyrlogoo1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2015 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
GAME #2 - 05/18/2015

vs
TBL: 0___________NYR: 1

TIME | 8:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBC, TVA, CBC

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Well, you know, you don’t plan on that, but it is a good thing when you know how to play with those one goal leads in games. We’ve played them pretty well.
That is the way the playoffs are, just the margins are small, and they’re not for the faint of heart these games, for sure.
- Dominic Moore

Obviously you’ve been thinking about them during the regular season when you play them. That was more emotional.
Now the only thing I see is them being in our way making it to the next round.
So you don’t want to think too much about it that you played with them for a long time and you’re good friends. You’re past it now.
- Henrik Lundqvist

It’s just how the goals are scored in the playoffs. You don’t see too many tic-tac-toe plays.
You kind of have to get the ugly ones and that’s where they’re going to be scored is around the net.
- Derek Stepan

Having a one goal lead is challenging as a coach. But this is such a competitive league, so little separating the teams.
I think at the end of the day, that’s what you have to expect. People talk about scoring maybe being down a little bit. Look at the goaltending you’re seeing on the ice.
I can’t comment that much on the Western Conference, but in the East all the teams’ goaltending has just been phenomenal.
I mean, we got some great looks, some great chances. Their goaltender made some saves and our guy made some saves.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 14 | GF | 35
W | 8 | GA | 30
L | 6 | GF/G | 2.50
HOME | 4-3 | GA/G | 2.14
AWAY | 4-3 | PP% | 18.5
STREAK | L1 | PK% | 87.2
PIM/G | 10.1 | FO% | 50.9

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Tyler Johnson | 8 Assists | Steven Stamkos | 7 Points | Tyler Johnson | 13 + / - | Callahan, Hedman | +7 Shots | Tyler Johnson | 37 Hits | Ondrej Palat | 50 Blocks | Victor Hedman | 24 PIM | Tyler Johnson | 20 FO% | Brian Boyle | 54.2 TOI/G F: | Alex Killorn | 19:56 TOI/G D: | Victor Hedman | 22:51

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Alex Killorn | Valterri Filppula | Steven Stamkos (C)
Ondrej Palat (A) | Tyler Johnson | Nikita Kucherov
Jonathan Marchessault | Cedric Paquette | Ryan Callahan (A)
Brenden Morrow | Vlad Namestnikov | J.T. Brown

LD | RD
Victor Hedman | Anton Stralman
Jason Garrison | Braydon Coburn
Matt Carle | Andrej Sustr

Scratched
Mike Angelidis|
Mark Barberio|
Jonathan Drouin|

STARTING GOALIE:

Bishop-Ben3.png

Benny Bishop

GPI: 14 | W: 8 | L: 6 | PIM: 4
SV% .931 | GAA: 1.82 | GA: 25 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Brian Boyle | Undisclosed (DTD)
Mattias Ohlund | Knee (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 13 | GF | 26
W | 9 | GA | 21
L | 4 | GF/G | 2.00
HOME | 6-2 | GA/G | 1.62
AWAY | 3-2 | PP% | 15.0
STREAK | W4 | PK% | 87.5
PIM/G | 6.2 | FO% | 44.7

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brassard, Kreider | 5 Assists | McD, Nash, Stepan | 5 Points | Brassard, Stepan | 9 + / - | Brassard, Girardi | +6 Shots | Rick Nash | 48 Hits | Chris Kreider | 57 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 51 PIM | Derick Brassard | 12 FO% | Dominic Moore | 52.5 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 19:40 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:29

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Kevin Hayes
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Jesper Fast
Carl Hagelin | Dominic Moore | Martin St. Louis (A)
Tanner Glass | James Sheppard | J.T. Miller

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Keith Yandle | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Ryan Bourque|
Matt Hunwick|
Chris Summers|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 13 | W: 9 | L: 4 | PIM: 0
SV% .945 | GAA: 1.56 | GA: 21 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mats Zuccarello | Upper body (Out ind)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

acTrt15.jpg

nk7BFGP.jpg

V3SefVn.jpg

'shop job by Ail.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
bwin offers 2.20 odds for any Tampa win. Seems Luke easy money since we never go up 2-0 at home...

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
I am liking the way the Rangers played game one and controlled the puck and put pressure on TB with their turnovers.

However, I am uncomfortable with Game 2. I cannot remember the last time the Rangers made something look easy...

Brock Sampson

Feb 23, 2014

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Zuccarello will probably not be available for the playoffs. His agent Erik Ryman spoke with him this weekend. To quote Ryman..

Article in a Norwegian newspaper, I get an error trying to translate it using google. Maybe someone else can fix it.

http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/ishockey/Agenten---Tror-ikke-Zucca-rekker-finalen-538387_1.snd

What happened to the Zuccarello injury thread?

Anyway, that report is different from everything we are hearing regarding him already working out, (just not skating yet)

I wouldn't rule him out of the playoffs yet.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zuccarello will probably not be available for the playoffs. His agent Erik Ryman spoke with him this weekend. To quote Ryman..

Article in a Norwegian newspaper, I get an error trying to translate it using google. Maybe someone else can fix it.

http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/ishockey/Agenten---Tror-ikke-Zucca-rekker-finalen-538387_1.snd

A couple outtakes:

"- Slik jeg ser det, er han ferdig for sesongen. I NHL er de nå veldig strenge på når man kommer tilbake etter hjernerystelser og hodeskader generelt. Så lenge han ikke trener på is ennå, ser det mørkt ut med tanke på at han skal rekke en eventuell finale, mener svensken, som er agent i firmaet Newport sports."

"The way I see it, he's done for the season. In NHL they've become very strict with regards to when you might return from a concussion and headinjuries in general. Seeing as he's not training on ice yet, any chance of him returning for an eventual SCF is very remote, the Swede suggests, who's the agent i Newport Sports."

Han var senest i kontakt med Zuccarello i helgen, og fikk ikke da noen forståelse for at det er snakk om noe raskt comeback.

"He was in touch with Zuccarello this weekend, and didnt get the impression that any comeback was imminent"

At least he's spoken to Zucc, but the first paragraph is an opinion, not a factual statement

Nixo

May 12, 2013

Would be best if we not dwell too much on zuccs injury. What happened, happened and theres no point of speculating what might and might not happen.

Let's focus on the group we have on the ice right now! This group is fully capable and lets hope for a great outcome tonight! :yo: LGR!

Tim725

Sep 19, 2013
So... judging by recent history we are all expecting a loss here?

Hoping for a win.. but man... dat recent history... ugh.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's fun to see Fast develop before our eyes and elevate his game in the playoffs.

That adjustment of trying Hayes with the Nash line and MSL with the Moore line was a great move, our third line is now really tough to pin down.

Expect TBL to come out with everything today. This will be a really, really tough game.

Odds on another 1 goal difference?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I like the lines a lot right now although I believe we'd score more with miller on stepan's wing and have a truer grinding fourth line with Fast where he belongs.

but I can't complain kid has brought a solid grind and defensive presence to that stepan line.

Nixo

May 12, 2013
Hoping to see some shooting from msl tonight. The past 4/5 games he hasn't had a SOG. I know he is a "pass first" type player, but it just seems like he's struggling to create space for himself and position himself on the ice.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I like the lines a lot right now although I believe we'd score more with miller on stepan's wing and have a truer grinding fourth line with Fast where he belongs.

but I can't complain kid has brought a solid grind and defensive presence to that stepan line.
He's done awesome in that line and has more capability then Miller imo. I'd definitely keep him there. In G fact, I think he'll be one of the mvp's of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad