GDT: ECF #1 - 05/17/14 | New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
What a way to end a period. Great job responding. Hank has looked great.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
You don't really want Richards to be one of the guys on a 2-on-1 breakout sometimes (speed problem) but you do want him out there nosing around the net. He's been making smart plays all playoffs.

*Bob Richards*

post-7534-Maniacal-Laugh-GIFs-n314.gif

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Difference in this game is goaltending. I think it's been a fairly even game.

Price hasn't been able to come up with a big save all game. Before we scored those two goals we rung one right off the crossbar. Could be 5-1. And it's huge for us. We always have issues beating Price at the Bell. Apparently, and thankfully, that hasn't transitioned into this game.

Props to Lundqvist for coming up with BIG saves when he needs to, and props to the team for capitalizing on Price's mediocre play in net. We don't always do that. We are actually capitalizing.

Very happy with this.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Insane.

Major kudos to Hank for only allowing one goal that shouldn't have even happened in a period where MTL smacked us around for 18 minutes and 30 seconds.

Major kudos to Kreids, MZA, Richie and everyone else for taking the last minute and a half and showing MTL how its done.

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
Carey Price is the best goalie in the league right guys? :sarcasm:

He's probably gonna be pulled for next period, and if that's the case, light Budaj up.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
This is what I call a hockey team. Everyone scoring and making plays.

Just imagine if Nash wasn't completely useless what a force we would be right now. I hope Brassard is ok.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
WOW!

Two HUGE goals coming at the end of a period where Montreal kept coming and coming.

That proves that Subban and Price will make mistakes if pressured.

Maybe I'm playing with fire, but I'd attack Subban all series. I think he'll crack if pressured every time he's on the puck.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I sincerely hope the Rangers understand how they turned that around, and it was not by waiting for the Canadiens to skate into their zone with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad