Proposal: Eberle to Islanders

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
A easy "NO" from the Islanders. Don't want Eberle at all. Not to mention, wouldn't give up that much either.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Eberle does fit a need, for sure. However, it doesn't seem like Snow is interested in Eberle. Staple has insinuated this numerous times and there was a rumor that Snow had turned down Eberle for Hamonic at the peak of the Hamonic rumors. I would like him, but I'm not giving up deHaan. MDC and a 1st? I'd think about it. He'd be a great fit with Tavares and Ladd.

I also believe that Ho-Sang can fill what would be Eberle's spot not this year but the year after that. Eberle has too high of a cap hit to want to take on that contract.

Axel

Mar 19, 2013
I'd be willing to trade de Haan and a 1st round pick for Eberle. De Haan might be exposed to the expansion draft next year anyway, so trading him now wouldn't be the worst thing to do.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Eberle wouldn't get traded for picks/prospects and they don't need LHD.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Eberle does fit a need, for sure. However, it doesn't seem like Snow is interested in Eberle. Staple has insinuated this numerous times and there was a rumor that Snow had turned down Eberle for Hamonic at the peak of the Hamonic rumors. I would like him, but I'm not giving up deHaan. MDC and a 1st? I'd think about it. He'd be a great fit with Tavares and Ladd.

I also believe that Ho-Sang can fill what would be Eberle's spot not this year but the year after that. Eberle has too high of a cap hit to want to take on that contract.

You're bang on about him not filling into your salary structure but completely fantasizing if you think Ho-Sang is anywhere near the type of player Jordan Eberle is today. He's not even a year removed from sleeping in on day one of training camp and has a laundry list of character issues to overcome before even considering how far behind he is offensively at the NHL level.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Something around Pulock and Eberle would interest the Oilers I'm sure but the Isles seem very high on Pulock so I guess not although Eberle really fits their needs.

The Oilers don't need Hamonic anymore and the Isles are clearly not interested in dealing him for Eberle so it's not worth discussing.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I would do it for de Haan and a first. However, I think we would need to do some salary shuffling to fit him in. Seems promising though. I doubt that proposal has been mentioned by GM's though because I don't think Chiarelli wants any more draft picks, at least as a priority.

Also, do you think the Oil would protect de Haan? I have a hard time believing they would.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I guess some Oiler fans haven't learned.

It took Taylor Hall to get Adam Larsson. Calvin de Haan is a very good, young top 4 defenseman with very good posession numbers. There not only wouldn't be an add to him for Eberle, I wouldn't move him for Eberle 1-for-1. It's as simple as that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

It took Taylor Hall to get Adam Larsson. Calvin de Haan is a very good, young top 4 defenseman with very good posession numbers. There not only wouldn't be an add to him for Eberle, I wouldn't move him for Eberle 1-for-1. It's as simple as that.

We don't need De Haan so its as simple as that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Boychuk (from EDM so might waive NMC) for Eberle makes too much sense

No, it really doesn't. That contract is going to be hard for the Isles to move.

And I have to laugh at the Isles fans who don't want Eberle at all. I guess Parenteau is their solution for RW scoring now. Good luck with that.
Pulock for Eberle would make sense for both sides but if the Isles don't want to do that then the Oilers are fine keeping Eberle.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
No trade to be made with Islander posters, they are satisfied with their team. None of their Dmen are available and there is only 1 forward I would be interested in and I wouldn't even dare mention his name in a trade thread. :)

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

:laugh:

That isn't the standard for trading players. Without Hall on the table there likely wasn't anything convincing Ray Shero to completely gut his defense. Larsson was the closest thing to unavailable at the time of the trade as you can be.

Calvin de Haan is a fine defenseman but he's two things the Oilers don't need. One being a left-handed defensive defenseman. And two being on the next flight to Vegas come June 2017.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
No, it really doesn't. That contract is going to be hard for the Isles to move.

And I have to laugh at the Isles fans who don't want Eberle at all. I guess Parenteau is their solution for RW scoring now. Good luck with that.
Pulock for Eberle would make sense for both sides but if the Isles don't want to do that then the Oilers are fine keeping Eberle.

Well to clarify, I'd be willing to add if I was the NYI GM (although GMPC has proven he's willing to overpay for RHD). I just meant as a basis. Something like

Boychuk + 2nd for Eberle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad