Value of: Eberle on a short-term UFA deal

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Huge no.

We might take him back on a 3x3.5 or something. 3x6? No way in hell we give Jordan ****ing Eberle 6m if we even have that much to spend.

Yeah, I'd take Eberle back for sure because we have no depth on the wing, but not at 6, we don't have the space to pay him that, he hasn't consistently been worth that amount for some time. I think somebody will pay him 6, but I don't think they will be happy with that amount.

Reactions: 780il and TFHockey

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I am going to go out on a limb here.

Eberle signs in Edmonton, 3 X $3 Million AAV or thereabouts.
Hall signs in Edmonton. 7 X much larger number, but less than he would have gotten elsewhere.
Lucic is moved this off season.

Feel free to flame me, but also save this post.
That ship has sailed. Feel free to flame me but Hall will most likely spend a large portion of his next contract on the IR, but also save this post

Reactions: TFHockey

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
NYI probably gives Nelson the same cap hit Eberle currently has, so I think he’ll hit the open market.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
honest question to Oilers fans who believe Hall and Eberle would return to Edmonton for cheap deals -

Why? it sounds completely delusional.

Reactions: redwings25

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Would love to re-sign him, especially considering he may get less than many expected coming into this year with a down offensiuve season. If I'm the Isles I'll see if he will do 3 years/14 mil or something. With that, guaranteed some team blow that offer away, with 5/25-30 or more

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Would love to re-sign him, especially considering he may get less than many expected coming into this year with a down offensiuve season. If I'm the Isles I'll see if he will do 3 years/14 mil or something. With that, guaranteed some team blow that offer away, with 5/25-30 or more

Maybe 2 years 4.5 per. He really isnt anything more than a soft 2nd line player. He wont be hard to replace

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I can’t see Eberle coming back here. He was treated like dirt the last year he was here. after the year he’s had I think he’d be wise to take something like 1 x 4 and try to find his scoring touch again.

Hall... something tells me he might feel like he has unfinished business here. He was VERY upset to be traded and by all accounts loved being here. I can absolutely see him wanting to come back. The question is could we afford him? I kind of doubt it.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Maybe 2 years 4.5 per. He really isnt anything more than a soft 2nd line player. He wont be hard to replace

If it is only gonna cost 4.5 million a year, I think 3 years is fine for an offensively starved Isles team at that price. At his age, he should be able, physically, to repeat his prime seasons. The question si the situation he is put in and his consistency. I wouldn't say jsut because he struggled this year that you won't get ~25 goals a year from him over the next 3. If you bring in someone liek Panarin, then sure, I'll see him out the door, but fi you miss on a high end guy liek that you're gonna need to fill the slots with more than just MDC/Bellows/Ho-Sang.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I can’t see Eberle coming back here. He was treated like dirt the last year he was here. after the year he’s had I think he’d be wise to take something like 1 x 4 and try to find his scoring touch again.

Hall... something tells me he might feel like he has unfinished business here. He was VERY upset to be traded and by all accounts loved being here. I can absolutely see him wanting to come back. The question is could we afford him? I kind of doubt it.

Eberle's wife is from Edmonton and they still have close ties here.

Nuge, Hall and Ebs were all very close. This isn't delusional thinking. It has possibilities, especially since everyone who was involved in trading them are gone/moving out the door.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Let me see, a goalscorer turning 29 who has 14g and 17a, and isn't an effective two way player.

People saying 6M are crazy, but I guess it only takes one optimistic GM.

I agree with that... there are so many examples of (perceived one-dimensional) wingers accepting less on that next contract, I think Ebs will be the next guy.

I'd do up to 3 x 5M. $5M doesn't buy what it used to unfortunately, but I'd have confidence in Ebs having a few more 25+25 type seasons with a re-freshed start.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I am going to go out on a limb here.

Eberle signs in Edmonton, 3 X $3 Million AAV or thereabouts.
Hall signs in Edmonton. 7 X much larger number, but less than he would have gotten elsewhere.
Lucic is moved this off season.

Feel free to flame me, but also save this post.

I like your think.... scratch that... like your dreaming.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think he'll sign in New Jersey for 4.5 per or so. They're heavily motivated to keep Taylor Hall happy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Oil desperately need to cut their losses with Lucic. Buy him out, use it to re-sign Chiasson and Eberle and recoup that disastrous debacle brought upon by Chiarelli. Add that Gagner is back and suddenly

Draisaitl-McDavid-Chiasson
Eberle-RNH-Gagner

Holy shit it's a lineup with a pair of 40 goal scorers, 3 sets of 20's and a 15

When Chiasson was out it was

Draisaitl-McDavid-(3rd liner)
(4th liner)-RNH-(3rd liner)

And of course JP was doling out a whopping 4 goals for the year and Lucic continued to somehow average less than 1 SOG per game.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Fair enough. But the Oilers can continue feeding RNH leftovers and they can look forward to losing him too and then the consequence of having to use Draisaitl as the 2C and see how happy that makes McDavid. I promise you RNH is gonna be counting the days til UFA if the debacle continues any longer. He doesn't have long to wait

So with that said if Eberle actually DID want to come back you rejoice that a mistake that never should have happened is over

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
oil fans are the best. im sure Eberle and hall are dieing to go back the organization that tried its best to ruin their carriers and then traded them for scraps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad