Proposal: Eberle for Hornqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Is this a good trade for both sides? Edm fans went insane about it but couldn't tell me what (other than skill) makes Eberle more valuable.

Eberle is more skilled and a fair bit younger, so it's probably not a trade EDM would be thrilled with.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As I said on the trade board, trading more assets for ANOTHER skilled righty RW makes no sense. We have Bennett, Kessel and Sprong as skilled top-9 RWers with Fehr and Hornqvist being grinding top-9 RWers. If Hornqvist is traded, he needs to be traded for something we actually need, not something we have plenty of already.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
How does this trade help the Penguins?

We need a top 4 D. You trade out one of our better assets for another winger which doesn't fix our issue and then throw in another of our D to make our defense even weaker.

:help:

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
As I said on the trade board, trading more assets for ANOTHER skilled righty RW makes no sense. We have Bennett, Kessel and Sprong as skilled top-9 RWers with Fehr and Hornqvist being grinding top-9 RWers. If Hornqvist is traded, he needs to be traded for something we actually need, not something we have plenty of already.

Sprong and Bennett can both play LW. We need more skilled players who can actually make a clean pass to Crosby and Eberle can do it it.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014

We need a top 4 D. You trade out one of our better assets for another winger which doesn't fix our issue and then throw in another of our D to make our defense even weaker.

Cole is easily replaced don't kid urself lol.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sprong and Bennett can both play LW. We need more skilled players who can actually make a clean pass to Crosby and Eberle can do it it.

Sprong has never played LW for any extended period of time. We need Crosby to actually make a clean pass to his linemates more than the other way around. Bennett, Kessel, Hornqvist or Sprong all are fine options for Crosby's RW. We need a LW for Crosby, which Eberle isn't. Trading Hornqvist for Eberle would be a nonsensical move, it trades from a position of relative weakness for a position of relative strength.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
This might be the first time ever where I'd say we don't need Eberle. We have the RWs here to make it work.

If I'm trading Hornqvist, it's for a better fit for Sid on LW or for a longterm top 4 D.

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA

lol m8 eberle is way more valuable than horny, and I'm a guy that loves horny

I'd take that in a heartbeat even if only to flip him for a top young dman that horndog wouldn't bring back

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Sprong has never played LW for any extended period of time. We need Crosby to actually make a clean pass to his linemates more than the other way around. Bennett, Kessel, Hornqvist or Sprong all are fine options for Crosby's RW. We need a LW for Crosby, which Eberle isn't. Trading Hornqvist for Eberle would be a nonsensical move, it trades from a position of relative weakness for a position of relative strength.

What about boedker? He was another option.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
IF they trade Hornqvist I would want a defenseman as the prime asset coming back.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
why would they trade Hornqvist exactly?

Because apparently we need another skilled winger.

I'm a big fan of Eberle but this trade makes no ****ing sense to me whatsoever. We need a top 3 defenseman pretty bad IMO.

We don't need to be adding anymore guys who are borderline NHL/AHL fodder to the team at this point on the backend.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This fan-base has wingers on the brain from so many years of not having them / wondering how we were going to acquire them.

This makes no sense, as others have stated. We need a strong D not a finesse winger. Not that I'd mind having Eberle generally (he can play C or W and is obviously very skilled).

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Eberle>>>Hornqvist with all things considered. Hes much faster, skilled, and younger to boot. Edmonton wouldn't consider it.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hornqvist may fit Edmonton's system better, but I still don't think they do that trade.

That would make the Penguins even softer, as well.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would rather see the Pens make a pitch for Tatar. IMO he would be the perfect line mate for Malkin. I wouldn't mind getting Pulkkinen in that trade too.

I really want Savard from CBJ on D. They need a puck mover. Maybe Pouliot works for them. Savard is at an age where dealing a prospect isn't that big a deal. IMO this defense doesn't need a huge shake up as much as that 1 more player that can play in the top 4 while being big and physical.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
this team doesn't need other wingers. seriously, it just needs a coach with common sense to use the existing ones correctly...

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I would rather see the Pens make a pitch for Tatar. IMO he would be the perfect line mate for Malkin. I wouldn't mind getting Pulkkinen in that trade too.

I really want Savard from CBJ on D. They need a puck mover. Maybe Pouliot works for them. Savard is at an age where dealing a prospect isn't that big a deal. IMO this defense doesn't need a huge shake up as much as that 1 more player that can play in the top 4 while being big and physical.

The Ducks have this guy, I wonder...oh nevermind :cry:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
We have an abundance of skilled RWs. I'd say that another is the last thing we need. We still need Hornqvist's skillset, even if he's struggling right now. He and Sid were the only two forwards worth a damn for us in last year's playoffs. Once the rest of the team gets out of the slump, so will Hornqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad