Injury Report: Eaves out 2-4 weeks

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
So Kenny doesn't need to make any moves now..

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Helm, Eaves on IR
Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary subbing wherever needed. And probably (which I hate) means that Nyquist starts in GR.

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Helm, Eaves on IR
Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary subbing wherever needed. And probably (which I hate) means that Nyquist starts in GR.

Yeah right. Cleary will be on that second line. Mule to the 3rd. Nyquist and GR and Tats in the press box.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Short-term injuries do not solve that forward logjam anywhere. They still have to be moved somewhere, when they are back healthy.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Can you put someone on IR on waivers???

could this block a waiver move that was gonna happen?

No, you can't waive a player on IR.

If they put him on LTIR now they can just waive him once healthy, I guess, if that was the initial plan.

They cannot put him on LTIR until he's a bonafide longterm injury candidate... which is 10 games and 24 days or something like that. It can be applied retroactively.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
There's one... one open roster spot, ah, ah, ah

sscount_zps33f9639e.jpg

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
No, you can't waive a player on IR.

They cannot put him on LTIR until he's a bonafide longterm injury candidate... which is 10 games and 24 days or something like that. It can be applied retroactively.

The 24 days include training camp time as long as he's listed as "injured," right? Figure that's how a guy like Pronger can be put on LTIR from day one of the regular season to make Philly cap compliant.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The 24 days include training camp time as long as he's listed as "injured," right? Figure that's how a guy like Pronger can be put on LTIR from day one of the regular season to make Philly cap compliant.

Nope. Training camp time does not have any effect. Day 1 of the season is when the counting will start. That's the day when he is put on LTIR, if he is put on LTIR. That's when the player caphits per day etc, the whole cap system counting will start.

If you put him to LTIR, he has to be on that situation at least those 24 days or 10 games even if he is healthy before end of that time period.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Depends if you count healthy as physically being able to train or being ready for NHL games, I guess. I don't think we'll see Eaves the first 10 games of the season, which is October 21.

Ultimately I don't think Holland will count on the LTIR to deal with his roster glut. Tootoo, Bert or Sammy must go. Maybe two.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Depends if you count healthy as physically being able to train or being ready for NHL games, I guess. I don't think we'll see Eaves the first 10 games of the season, which is October 21.

Ultimately I don't think Holland will count on the LTIR to deal with his roster glut. Tootoo, Bert or Sammy must go. Maybe two.

Bert and Sammy arent going anywhere, how hard is it to understand? Both are also healthy. They will not be trade or waived. Our organizational respect against veterans (+35 contracts and NTCs) seal that.

Emmerton
Tootoo
Eaves

Those are the unneeded guys. Emmerton is needed is Helm is never healthy. Other two, not at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad