Easy-goin-Carl Appreciation Thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Gook luck in Arizona Carl. Avs were always a better team with his stability up the middle.

Hopefully he gets traded to a contender at the deadline and gets a shot at the Cup.

Reactions: MarkT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Incredibly durable player, only missed 7 games during his 4 seasons here and did so while playing arguably the heaviest game out of any of our forwards, minus Landeskog.

Outside of the-season-that-shall-not-be-named, he put up 137 points in 244 games.

I sincerely hope Sakic has a plan to replace him, and that the plan isn't merely Tyson Jost shifting to centre full-time.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Will miss him, he's been a warrior and very consistent. Not quite good enough for a 2C role, but one hell of a 3C.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The best thing about Carl was the way his game thrived next to two stone handed grinders as long as they could fly around him & hound the puck. It makes him such a great 3C...especially for a team that has a more shutdown 2nd line that takes the hardest matchups...and was a big part of why I didn't really care how good of a 2c we got as long as we got an adequate 2C who would let Carl stay in that 3C job that he killed.

Jost's strong finish makes me optimistic about him doing a good job as the 3C, but I do think that the raised the bar on the caliber of 2C that we need.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The best thing about Carl was the way his game thrived next to two stone handed grinders as long as they could fly around him & hound the puck. It makes him such a great 3C...especially for a team that has a more shutdown 2nd line that takes the hardest matchups...and was a big part of why I didn't really care how good of a 2c we got as long as we got an adequate 2C who would let Carl stay in that 3C job that he killed.

Jost's strong finish makes me optimistic about him doing a good job as the 3C, but I do think that the raised the bar on the caliber of 2C that we need.

Yup that was the best part of Carl's game... he was a one man 3rd line you could count on.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
giphy.gif

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'll miss the guy. Hopefully the coming moves will explain it but it seems like we didn't have to make this move. There's a lot of time but there was lots of reason to keep Carl. But in Sakic I trust.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He wasn’t the O’Reilly we wanted, but he was the O’Reilly needed...

In all seriousness, best of luck to him. He had a great past two seasons for the Avs. Only bad part is he ended on a downer with his tough playoff performance; realistically, he’s probably not dealt if he had a stronger showing.

Reactions: Pokecheque

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly one of my favorite Avalanche players the past two seasons. I'll definitely miss him, be we all suspected he'd be gone at some point.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
By far my favorite UFA signing of the last decade.

He was awesome for us, give him shitty linemates and he'll make 'em 3X better.

The only guy we could count on when the top line had an off night. Thanks Soda.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, solid player but no flair in personality. One of those people who does a very solid job, but when he leaves you forget about him.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
There were moments when he was the best player on our team. Unfortunately, there were a lot of nights we needed more from him than we got. While I'm still miffded about this trade, I'm not upset about it...unless Burkasdboaijaolsdgh is the last move.

Feb 24, 2017
There were moments when he was the best player on our team. Unfortunately, there were a lot of nights we needed more from him than we got. While I'm still miffded about this trade, I'm not upset about it...unless Burkasdboaijaolsdgh is the last move.
Burakovsky. The name is said exactly as it is written. Why the exaggerated misspelling?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00