Post-Game Talk: Easy Breezy... (Panthers 1-6 Habs)

POTG? (26/03/2019)

• Total voters

Jul 6, 2016
Missing the Playoffs in the last game vs the Leafs would be AWFUL !

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
What year was that

2006-2007.

After 81 games, the East looked like this:

8. Habs 90 points
9. Isles 90 points (Habs owned the tie-breaker over the Isles)
10. Leafs 89 points

Habs were playing the Leafs in their final game of the year. If the Habs win, they were in.

Leafs won in regulation after trailing 5-3. Begin took a stupid four-minute high stick penalty and the Leafs ended up winning 6-5. Habs were out.

Leafs now had 91 points and were in 8th but the Islanders were playing their last game the next day. Isles won in a SO against the Devils and qualified for the playoffs. Leafs were out.

Reactions: llamateizer

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
2006-2007.

8. Habs 90 points
9. Isles 89 points (Islanders owned the tie-breaker over Toronto)
10. Leafs 89 points

Habs were playing the Leafs in their final game of the year. If the Habs win, they were in.

Leafs won in regulation after trailing 5-3. Begin took a stupid four-minute high stick penalty and the Leafs ended up winning 6-5. Habs were out.

Leafs now had 91 points and were in 8th but the Islanders were playing their last game the next day. Isles won in a SO against the Devils and qualified for the playoffs. Leafs were out.
Yup, thaks for the precisions, that's about how I remembered it, the sweet feeling after da deception..
I got that but didn't the Isles or Devils bumped the Leafs later that evening on tie breaker or somtn? Or wrong year?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If Habs would had beaten Carolina in regulation, they would be ahead of them in the standings today. That would had been a great confidence booster for the rest. Dog fight until the end between CAR, Jackets and Habs. But Habs have one less game to play than the other and the opponents are more dangerous.

Woulda coulda shoulda (You do this a lot lol)

What if the canes lose all their remaining games? its unlikely but it COULD happen, we could win ALL our remaining games, its unlikely, but it COULD happen as well

Same exercise with Columbus

Week and a half ago we were all but eliminated, Now were in a playoff spot, 3 days ago was one of the more devastating losses in our season vs carolina
3 days later we're 1 point behind them.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I am perplexed that Weegar played the rest of the game and no one on the Habs challenged him. Cowards

This is a poor mindset imo.

Retaliation leads to retaliation leads to retaliation, i mean when does it end?

The fight should of ended the cycle that the "hit" created, hell the suspension should of ended the cycle, but the player's unwritten code is an intangible hard to explain, its just unfortunate that that very fight led to another injury, which again, if we follow your mindset, has to be retaliated for..

Reactions: Astormynight

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
2006-2007.

8. Habs 90 points
10. Leafs 89 points

At least the Lesfs were out too. Better to take your enemy with you so to speak.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
2006-2007.

8. Habs 90 points
10. Leafs 89 points

I watched every f***ing second of that Isles game. I forget the name of the goalie who was in nets during the SO but I remember his game-winning save.

Jul 6, 2016

The fight should of ended the cycle that the "hit" created, hell the suspension should of ended the cycle, but the player's unwritten code is an intangible hard to explain, its just unfortunate that that very fight led to another injury, which again, if we follow your mindset, has to be retaliated for..

Ekblad did not had the guts to retaliate vs Domi..... It was easy for Weegles to pound a guy 50 pounds lighter than him.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Ekblad did not had the guts to retaliate vs Domi..... It was easy for Weegles to pound a guy 50 pounds lighter than him.

Ekblad knows Domi is a tough character, piece of $ Weegar knows Byron isn't and took advantage of it.

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015

Plus the Panthers started well... they never had a chance after the fight... It's better way to retaliate from the Habs. Also, maybe Byron, and most certainly the coaches, asked the players to not to retaliate. Loosing players to that kind of game could have costed them the game.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad