Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Heart attack?

B6yliyHCUAA96cu.jpg:large

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I really should start playing. I bought the game when it was on sale, played for like 1 afternoon, then have been so busy I haven't gone back yet. I have a big, fat backlog of games I got because of sales that I need to actually extract some value out of :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This somehow became my most played game on Steam...

It really sneaks up on you but since it's windowed and pretty slow paced, sometimes I forget it's open and I leave it on overnight.

Since the games come out, they've done a lot of rebalancing and stuff. It's become really difficult for me to draft anybody good and my foolproof coaching plan is starting to fail.

Generally speaking, I think I enjoy going through the draft the most.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Didn't know this was a thread on here, but I am pretty proud of myself. Played this game so much on this one save file.

Started on the ECHL team the Colorado Eagles, played for two seasons before eventually winning the whatever trophy they have is, and got a job with the Springfield Falcons of the AHL. Spent three seasons of insanely boring managering there until I eventually worked my general manager rank up to top 25. In the offseason I got accepted by one team, the Colorado Avalanche. Have now played 7 seasons with them, winning the Stanley Cup 6 times.

Now I'm stuck with a 38 year old Semyon Varlamov who I was going to sign and dump after a few seasons when I signed him to a 5 year 6.9 per year contract. But low and behold, I didn't check the clauses and he has an NTC. Now stuck with him and Auston Matthews needs a new contract.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Didn't know this was a thread on here, but I am pretty proud of myself. Played this game so much on this one save file.

Started on the ECHL team the Colorado Eagles, played for two seasons before eventually winning the whatever trophy they have is, and got a job with the Springfield Falcons of the AHL. Spent three seasons of insanely boring managering there until I eventually worked my general manager rank up to top 25. In the offseason I got accepted by one team, the Colorado Avalanche. Have now played 7 seasons with them, winning the Stanley Cup 6 times.

Now I'm stuck with a 38 year old Semyon Varlamov who I was going to sign and dump after a few seasons when I signed him to a 5 year 6.9 per year contract. But low and behold, I didn't check the clauses and he has an NTC. Now stuck with him and Auston Matthews needs a new contract.

You should start a new game every once in a while. The updates they put into the game don't take effect until you start a new file.

Also, I kinda hate how much of this I've played. I like it a lot but ugghh my life is passing right by me.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Thornton declined so hard in my recent save file. By 2017 he was playing in some European league. Cheechoo is so much faster than him now too. I recommend updating to the database that was released a few months ago. It's much better imo.

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Still not available on mac but I just so happen to have inherited my wife's "old" PC. (she built herself a new one) Would you guys recommend this game still??

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Yes! it is a lot of fun

Bought it on Friday! This interface is a doozy but I've been coming back to the game whenever I have a free moment. I've logged 4 hours on it already and really only played 1 collective hour haha.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Oh man I can't believe this game is back! I had been playing the old version for years and finally got tired of it. I remember playing so much that I had trouble remembering who was EHM good and who was IRL good. So many memories....players with broken backs, Matt Cullen making more than Sidney Crosby, turning every bust into a superstar.

I think i'll have to buy the steam version

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad