Equipment: Easton flex markings

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
I typically play with a 54" - 55" shaft, so I do a fair bit of trimming to any sticks I grab. My sticks are basically Int height, but I'm hesitant to try an Int stick because of it's light flex (I really would like a proper height, 75/80 flex).

One thing that really intrigues me is Easton and how the rated flex is already a few inches down the shaft. Does anyone know if they also do this on shafts? I feel like a 75 flex Easton 1pc might be perfect (What's the markings read?). My current Warrior blades typically use 48.5"/49.5" shafts.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Flex ratings are really subjective with no standard. Some 85 flex sticks might feel stiff or whippy compared to others, and it just gets even more varied as you go to intermediates.

How tall are you and what flex are you using now? How much do you cut your stick down?

Aucoin11*

A problem with the flex markings is they just throw that paint on there so it's not always 100 percent accurate.

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
Flex ratings are really subjective with no standard. Some 85 flex sticks might feel stiff or whippy compared to others, and it just gets even more varied as you go to intermediates.

How tall are you and what flex are you using now? How much do you cut your stick down?

5'8"ish, my ops range from 54"-55". So. 60" sr stick is getting a good 5"-6" trimmed.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
75 flex Widow or Covert cut down 6" would give you the numerical value you are looking for. To a smaller extent, the Dynasty shows this as well.

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
75 flex Widow or Covert cut down 6" would give you the numerical value you are looking for. To a smaller extent, the Dynasty shows this as well.

I actually have a Dynasty cut down 6" and it's just about perfect.

I'm guessing that's about as close as I want without going to Int.

Would shaft length logic follow OPS (using Warrior blades, so hostel height should at least be one constant)?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I actually have a Dynasty cut down 6" and it's just about perfect.

I'm guessing that's about as close as I want without going to Int.

Would shaft length logic follow OPS (using Warrior blades, so hostel height should at least be one constant)?

Could you clarify?

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
Could you clarify?

Would a chopped two piece Dynasty result in the same flex as a chopped ops Dynasty?

I used mostly 2 piece sticks but usually only Warrior blades, I'm just trying to find some consistency on shafts considering I cut a good deal off. I'm guessing using a Bauer/Easton shaft with the warrior blade would be an experiment if I like it or not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad