Easton Blades...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So has anyone found a stick or a replacement blade made by Easton that doesn't suck? What I mean is, every blade I've tried from Easton, and every one-piece I've tried, has the same issue with blades cracking prematurely. I have never had that issue with Nike/Bauer sticks. They all seem to crack in the same place too. Right where the puck impacts the blade, cracking from heel to toe. I have all but given up on them because of this.

gar013

Jan 10, 2011
i've heard that the S19 has a much better blade (in comparison to the S17), but i've never used one so I wouldnt know. Easton seems to have problems with their blade strengths :P even with their kevlar and what not

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
the ST is your best bet, heard the s19 is more durable compare to the s17 but that doesn't say much as i've never seen a s17 last the season. it's also too expensive right now to experiment. their highend stuff been sucking for a while in terms of durability, i would stick with bauer.

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
Easton ST blades were incredibly strong for me. Never used the one pieces but they seem a lot tougher than the Stealth/Synergy lines.

when you call the blade/stick super tough, it better be strong haha

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
We're using Easton Synergy ST's exclusively for both our varsity teams this year, and we've broken under 40 sticks in 17 games with the men's team... that's 306 man games played. Comparatively we'd break 4-5 sticks per game last year when we used Sherwood RM9's and RM19's. Even though the ST's are quite a bit more expensive than what we paid the Sherwood's, we're almost 90% sure to have lowered our stick budget this year if we count the full year.

I can't remember where (probably on here somewhere) but I read that the ST is actually the direct evolution of the original Synergy's, and those were solid mofo's. Also read somwhere that the ST is actually the stick most used by NHL players, though most of them have them painted as SE19's or the like to market them for Easton.

A few of our guys have been playing with EQ50's of late though, seeing as there was a screw up at the factory and we couldn't get any left handed Parise's in ST when they changed over from Drury to Parise so the rep sold us a batch of EQ50's at our ST price and they seem nice, and we haven't broken one yet, though they've only been in play for 1-2 games.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
How do you guys like the kick/weight/feel of the ST's compared to high end sticks?
I'm not a huge fan, the performance is OK but for me definitely not up to par with the less durable, higher performance sticks. I don't really care that it's heavier, but I don't love how it flexes, hard to get a good flex out of it, I feel like the 85 flex ST doesn't give me the same flex/whip that I get out of an 87 flex, high end Bauer, and the ST doesn't come in a flex lower than 85. Feel is decent, not as good as my last stick (77 flex one95), but not bad either, I wouldn't call it pingy. Seems like a tank durability wise though, which my 77 flex one95 was not. Maybe if you're real strong and have great technique the relative stiffness of the ST is a good thing, but for me it's not, and I'm 6' 185 lbs and have been playing hockey at a number of levels since I was 8.

I too have heard bad things about the durability of a lot of other high end Eastons, but can't comment on that personally, the only higher end Easton I've owned is the ST, and it's built for durability, not really performance.

Hal2000

Nov 16, 2010
The blade cracking that the OP described is exactly why i now play with bauer....i had so many problems with easton blades. Not one with bauer..

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I can't remember where (probably on here somewhere) but I read that the ST is actually the direct evolution of the original Synergy's, and those were solid mofo's. Also read somwhere that the ST is actually the stick most used by NHL players, though most of them have them painted as SE19's or the like to market them for Easton.

Yup and yup, though with the market share Bauer has gained and Easton pushing the stealths more in recent years, that second one might not be true anymore.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
So has anyone found a stick or a replacement blade made by Easton that doesn't suck? What I mean is, every blade I've tried from Easton, and every one-piece I've tried, has the same issue with blades cracking prematurely. I have never had that issue with Nike/Bauer sticks. They all seem to crack in the same place too. Right where the puck impacts the blade, cracking from heel to toe. I have all but given up on them because of this.

I have those issues with just about most foam core blades. Got a couple Easton Synergy SE Pro blades (100% graphite) and they are tanks! Paint job comes off really quickly (I don't care but some people do so figured I'd share that info) but blade wears evenly without cracking. Bit heavier than the high end stuff but far more durable and just feels more sturdy IMO.

Have an ST shaft too, love it to no end. Combined with the SE blade, I have an instant new favorite stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad