GDT: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 1: Your New Jersey Devils (WC2) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (1E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
deadass. i signed up in 2009 and he's the first poster i ever had to ignore. amazing.

All of you guys, especially Jorge Martinez, have to ignore that troll, don't feed him.

He's obviously deranged.

But can you blame him?
He supports a team that has had the least amount of success than any in the last 20 years.

The Devils bounced his team twice and 2012 was gut wrenching for him.
So close, but so far the Kitties were.

The Devils have played in 4 Finals since the last time they won a playoff series.

He's scarred for life but don't feed this attention seeking trolling.

It's not worth it.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I remember Muttley was the biggest downer here.

Muttley wasnt really a Devils fan, he was one of those weird people that primarily roots against the Rangers and as such accidentally cheers for the Devils.

He'd go "missing" from the board for a month, then show up and post a ton right before a Devils versus Rangers game.

I call these oddballs, DevilsRangers fans.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Muttley wasnt really a Devils fan, he was one of those weird people that primarily roots against the Rangers and as such accidentally cheers for the Devils.

He'd go "missing" from the board for a month, then show up and post a ton right before a Devils versus Rangers game.

He did say he was a NYi fan, then a Devils fan since 82

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Listening to Alex Killorn interview I am impressed. He talked about his goal where he knew "Keith Kinkaid" (said by name, so they respect him) had his vision blocked and instead of going blocker side, which is what is expected, he went another direction. That's a lot of video and discipline to accomplish getting a goal.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I got that feeling from him too. His signature catchphrase was ''Sleep well NYR fans''.

I remember him paTROLLING the North Jersey Fire & Ice blog comment section a while back. He was saying some disparaging remarks about Elias and how we needed to move on, and I'm pretty sure this was while Elias was still a pretty productive player. Might have been in the 13-14 season sometime. He also argued that Elias should not have his number retired by the organization either. It wasn't recent though, like not when he actually did have his number retired. It was probably no later than 14-15. I remember him also arguing on here that only Stevens and Brodeur should have their numbers retired if he had his way and that was years before Marty played for another team, so I'm sure he's since crossed him off the list too.:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Last thing on FLA and their trolling fan .

They should actually be POd at TB and not us.

They took 4 of 6 points from us.

They only took 3 of 8 possible points vs TB.

TB basically kept them out of the playoffs, along with other team like the Senzzz

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
same. i was genuinely mortified walking out.
From extreme high to extreme low. Another potential first round loss. Then, I remember game 6, I was listening on the radio and it cut out right around Zajac's goal and all I heard was "goal." I was panicking, since I didn't know who. That series took so many years off of my life.

Reactions: New Jersey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

TB basically kept them out of the playoffs, along with other team like the Senzzz
They should be mad at ownership. Tweet at Doug Cifu. Ownership handed away good players for free and fired what now looks like a pretty good head coach for a .500 record, less than two months into his third season there and right after the most successful regular season in franchise history.

I've been railing on them all season long. I support their fans, but their owners are liars. They need to sell to someone that's gonna keep the team competitive and spend close to the cap, like they promised when they took over back in 2013.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
By the way, I've mentioned this before, but our new equipment manager (Chris Scoppetto) is the former Panthers equipment manager, one of the guys they fired after the 2015-2016 season.

We hired him right after that, then I guess we decided to not bring back Richie Matthews after last season (I assume his contract had run out), now he works for the Blues and they promoted Scoppetto from assistant to manager. He used to work for Nashville back in the day, which matches up to the timeline of when Shero was there as assistant GM.

It sucks we let go of Richie, I loved his instagram account.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I got that feeling from him too. His signature catchphrase was ''Sleep well NYR fans''.

I remember him paTROLLING the North Jersey Fire & Ice blog comment section a while back. He was saying some disparaging remarks about Elias and how we needed to move on, and I'm pretty sure this was while Elias was still a pretty productive player. Might have been in the 13-14 season sometime. He also argued that Elias should not have his number retired by the organization either. It wasn't recent though, like not when he actually did have his number retired. It was probably no later than 14-15. I remember him also arguing on here that only Stevens and Brodeur should have their numbers retired if he had his way and that was years before Marty played for another team, so I'm sure he's since crossed him off the list too.:laugh:

he's apparently still very, very active on the nj.com boards, whatever that is

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Who could have predicted the Hall trade would have worked out for the Devils? Do you remember your thoughts on it
I'll be the first to say how great Hall was this year - quite the turnaround.

But I'm still not yet sold on that trade making us a better team. Hall had a great year (that he's unlikely to repeat, though he's deserving of MVP discussion), but even with that performance, and even with the addition of guys like Hischier, Bratt, Butcher, Vatanen, Gibbons, Noesen, Coleman, Johansson, we still barely made the playoffs by the skin of our teeth. We've got a gaping hole in the defensive core that Larsson filled.

That said, while I still don't think I'd trade Larsson for Hall in isolation, I would gladly trade Henrique + Larsson for Hall + Vatanen. Without the Vatanen trade we're out of the playoffs again.

So the jury's out. After the first year, it was clearly in Larsson's favor, this year it's in Hall's. Hall only has 2 years left on his deal before UFA, Larsson has 3 and costs $2M less in cap hit.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Oh man these lightening fans are brutal. So uninformed on the game. I apologize to our fan base in advanced but if we win tomorrow I’m having a field day

Reactions: Dialamo

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
@Cage Helmet ING this post. He's gonna have a great time with it. He's coincidentally sick too, so he probably won't make it either and he lives almost 4 hours away. He didn't get it from me haha, we haven't seen each other in person since the day after Elias night. I'm gonna text him to get on, so I can see an epic rant to amuse everyone.
Sucks. The wife gave me something nasty the other night. Only she’s a doctor person and I’m not. She got some meds and she’s already up, doing her workouts, laundry, cooking, working, taking care of my worthless and sick self. Wish we could flood the ice at Amalie Arena and maybe have the contest moved to the JVMA in Jax! It holds 15k and the ECHL Jets play there. They’d probably move it to Sunrise, though. They might actually sell out.

And let’s stop making the Panthers relevant by talking about them so much, please. They haven’t won a playoff round since before my first kiss and have only been back four times since, losing to us two of those times.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012

How strange is it that the NJD missed the playoffs by losing to Ottawa in the 95-96 season finale, had two crushing death blow losses to them in March of 2011, then the Panthers lose twice to them in the last several weeks of the season? Including on an OT penalty shot. In a season where they miss the playoffs by one point, after going 5-0-0 to end the season? Ain’t dat some sheet? Those Sens sure are a spoiling bunch of bastiges.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I'll be the first to say how great Hall was this year - quite the turnaround.

But I'm still not yet sold on that trade making us a better team. Hall had a great year (that he's unlikely to repeat, though he's deserving of MVP discussion), but even with that performance, and even with the addition of guys like Hischier, Bratt, Butcher, Vatanen, Gibbons, Noesen, Coleman, Johansson, we still barely made the playoffs by the skin of our teeth. We've got a gaping hole in the defensive core that Larsson filled.

That said, while I still don't think I'd trade Larsson for Hall in isolation, I would gladly trade Henrique + Larsson for Hall + Vatanen. Without the Vatanen trade we're out of the playoffs again.

So the jury's out. After the first year, it was clearly in Larsson's favor, this year it's in Hall's. Hall only has 2 years left on his deal before UFA, Larsson has 3 and costs $2M less in cap hit.
Is that you, Chiarelli?

We acquire a guy that’s at the very worst a top 30 F in the NHL for a guy that’s not even a top 120 D in the NHL at the very best, and you don’t believe that trade made us a better team?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just happened to also catch this part.

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this. Adam Larsson is an infinitely inferior hockey player to Taylor Hall, that's why he costs $2 million less in cap hit.

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille