GDT: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 1: Your New Jersey Devils (WC2) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (1E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That one Panthers fan has been poking Devils fans in the eye over and over for days on end, and then repeatedly accuses anyone who notices of stalking him. It's beyond childish and kinda veers into psychopath territory.

I can picture him driving to New Jersey and standing outside our arena alone, in the pouring rain, digging his fingernails into his palms, muttering about 2012.

He probably has a shrine with skulls and candles, the walls covered with newspaper clippings of Devils players with the eyes cut out.
@Cage Helmet ING this post. He's gonna have a great time with it. He's coincidentally sick too, so he probably won't make it either and he lives almost 4 hours away. He didn't get it from me haha, we haven't seen each other in person since the day after Elias night. I'm gonna text him to get on, so I can see an epic rant to amuse everyone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I forgot that I actually have read this place in the last 14 hours before just now haha.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
That one Panthers fan has been poking Devils fans in the eye over and over for days on end, and then repeatedly accuses anyone who notices of stalking him. It's beyond childish and kinda veers into psychopath territory.

I can picture him driving to New Jersey and standing outside our arena alone, in the pouring rain, digging his fingernails into his palms, muttering about 2012.

He probably has a shrine with skulls and candles, the walls covered with newspaper clippings of Devils players with the eyes cut out.

It's like Ray Finkle from Ace Ventura is now a hockey fan.
He trolled two Maroon threads :laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And we lost game 1 to Philly too.

I don't remember how the Florida series started
We went up 1 game to 0, then lost the next two games.

Including in horrendous fashion in game 3, after blowing a 3-0 lead, which we seemed to jump out to about 10-12 minutes into the game. Then we couldn't score on Scott Clemmensen, which is embarrassing enough as it is.

I think a lot of people were throwing in the towel after that one, including me. Remember, we had a reputation for not being able to get out of the first round for years at that point and losing to teams that finished lower than us. Did Carolina finish with fewer points than us in 2009? I might be wrong on that one. Yeah, we had home ice, so they definitely didn't.

Had a convincing 4-0 win in game 4 of that series, then came out and had a real convincing 3-0 loss in game 5. Blew 2-0 leads in both games 6 and 7 and won in OT. What a f***in roller coaster. Not good for those of us who suffer from any kind of mental illness.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Really might have to enjoy game 2 from my couch again and not at Amalie Arena, I am ****in sick as ****.

Sickest I've been since 2013, maybe even longer. Got sent home early from work.

Really don't wanna miss a Devils playoff game that's played 40-45 minutes from me. I do think the likelihood of their being a game 5 is very high, but when I used to get this sick, I'd stay this sick for 2-3 weeks sometimes.

Really wanna go, but don't wanna cough all over people and blow my nose all over everybody, get snot all over my hands in public or barely be able to open my ****in mouth. I sound like a ****in zombie right now. The guests at work probably thought a zombie was on the loose haha.:laugh:
go into the lightning locker room and cough all over their stuff please

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm having trouble finding these Maroon threads.

What forum are they in? Maybe they're just at the bottom?
One was on the trade board, other was on the national board. All of his posts were deleted and he was banned from those threads so it is not worth looking into it.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One was on the trade board, other was on the national board. All of his posts were deleted and he was banned from those threads so it is not worth looking into it.
Thanks haha

I wasn't gonna respond, just wanted to read.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
they never lost the lead but looked like dog **** and held on for a 3-2 win.

they went up 3-0 in game 3 in newark and imploded to lose 4-3 and fall behind 2-1 in the series.

that series was a ****ing heart-stopper.

I remember that. I was there. Awful awful awful.

Reactions: Bleedred

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
he's literally ****ing obsessed with the devils :biglaugh:

Not for nothing but if someone's acting like a troll over on the mainboard report them...the playoff threads are superbusy so sometimes a heads up for the other mods would be better than just get discussions going off the rails.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not for nothing but if someone's acting like a troll over on the mainboard report them...the playoff threads are superbusy so sometimes a heads up for the other mods would be better than just get discussions going off the rails.

Yes. The mods are more focused on the Toronto stuff because they flood their threads with garbage. Not as much going on in threads involving the Devils right now so it might get overlooked unless you report.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
go into the lightning locker room and cough all over their stuff please
I've had special access to practices when the Sharks play there haha. Not into the Lightning locker room though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well, it ended well, but you had 17k fans leaving The Rock thinking we blew the series that night.

lol it was worse for me and my friend...we got a free parking pass for the lot across the street before the game from two strangers in a car and then found out why they were so willing to give it away after the game when it took us a half hour to get out of the lot with people honking at each other like crazy taking out their aggravation on the game.

I was as mad that game as I've ever been at a game. Like full Bruce Boudreau rant mode type mad. It wasn't just that they blew the game in spectacular fashion, it looked like another ignominious playoff exit at the end of a string of them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol it was worse for me and my friend...we got a free parking pass for the lot across the street before the game from two strangers in a car and then found out why they were so willing to give it away after the game when it took us a half hour to get out of the lot with people honking at each other like crazy taking out their aggravation on the game.

I was as mad that game as I've ever been at a game. Like full Bruce Boudreau rant mode type mad. It wasn't just that they blew the game in spectacular fashion, it looked like another ignominious playoff exit at the end of a string of them.
Ugh

I was at that game also and it was the most dejected and demoralizing exit from a playoff home game ever. And I mean for everybody, not just me. Game 7 against Carolina, everyone was shocked and probably hadn't even been hit by what had just happened until after that got back home. Game 6 of 2001 of the SCF was bad, but there was some optimism that we would win in Denver. Game 3 of the Florida series was just a bunch of irritable people. Especially since we had already had about 90-100 minutes in real time to digest it after blowing that lead. There were also the feeling of ''Here we go again, this team just doesn't get it done anymore'' like we had experienced a lot of from 2004-2011, particularly in 2008-2011.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Could well have been half true as we found out :P Heck even Marty went FA that year.
I remember Muttley was the biggest downer here. He was heavily pushing it. I think his title said ''Game 4 = Parise's last home game as a Devil'' or something like that.

He was banned shortly after that. Probably because he became particularly intolerable after that loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->