Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Its the NHL... no team is a sure thing in the playoffs. Glad this series turned out to be a divisional rival because it's going to be nuts. Intensity in game one should be extremely high, but I think the Wilson Rempe talk is nonsense. Rempe won't see the ice unless some jerkoff stuff happens in the game before. I don't really see Wilson trying to stir the pot too much. He's playing a more veteran game these days with an edge.

Reactions: Randyne

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
For all of you predicting a Rangers sweep, you obviously have never seen a NYR / WAS playoff series...

Rangers have to be heavily favored for sure, but this isn't going to be the cake walk for them that you think it is.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
The Caps scoring machine is almost ready to break more records!

tinman-oz.gif

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Rangers are a paper tiger. They're not nearly as good as their record indicates, torching a terrible Metro division with PP1. But the Caps are just outright bad, so they won't be the team to knock the Rags out of the playoffs. They don't have that shutdown defense pairing or PK to answer the Rangers (and especially not with Jensen out). I do expect the Caps to continue with what they did in the regular season, steal a couple close wins thanks to Lindgren and timely team structure, and then get utterly blown out when they lose.

Rags in 6.

• Haha
Reactions: Ail and Black Tank

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I don't know.. this has trap series written all over it. Wanna say Rags in 6, but I could see the caps selling out and trapping their way to this series especially if the hitting ramps up. Season series is tied 2-2.
I'm hoping the hitting ramps up, this Rangers squad plays best when the games get nasty. They play the worst when they sleep walk through a low chance drudge fest

Reactions: Captain Lindy

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Rangers in 7. Although Lindgren is capable of stealing a series. He was 2-1-0 with .955 save% against us this year.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Dylan McIlrath vs. Rangers, can't make this up. He's going to be out for blood here.

Everything points to this being quick series for the Rangers with Caps missing 2 of their top 3 D's but they are going to turn this into a physical series. That and dumb Rempe penalties are basically where their only chance is, given Caps PP has been great lately.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Cant really see a reason Rangers could beat us here. We have hot goalie, hot streak and no pressure. Rangers have, what?, Rempe? Yea, we loved playing against Reaves so thats about it. Rangers have been cooling down as they were expected to and Laviolette is already showing his true skin and seeing nightmares of Caps sending his ass to golf courts.

Caps will just smother the New York Laviolettes unexistent 5on5 offence with 4x 2-1 wins. I figure the best chance for Rangers to try and steal a game or two is from the get go. Games 1-2 are essential if Rags wants to make it a series. Tied or down after going to Washington and its over baby.

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
If the goal differential between the 2 teams is roughly + 90 for the Rangers (53+37) over 82 games, that is only +4.4ish over 5 games. So, let's say Capitals in 5. My math could be a bit off.

And let me live in bliss with my erroneous and narrow assumptions.

Rangers win game 1 9-1 and HF goes crazy about the brooms and then the Caps win games 2-5 1-0 each game. Sound fair?

Last edited:

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
As a Caps fan I have Zero expectations Lindgren might steal a game if it goes 6 ill be shocked but its perfectly fitting that OV has another playoff series agaisnt the rangers (hope one of the teams had Lundquvist there)

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Cant really see a reason Rangers could beat us here. We have hot goalie, hot streak and no pressure. Rangers have, what?, Rempe? Yea, we loved playing against Reaves so thats about it. Rangers have been cooling down as they were expected to and Laviolette is already showing his true skin and seeing nightmares of Caps sending his ass to golf courts.

Caps will just smother the New York Laviolettes unexistent 5on5 offence with 4x 2-1 wins. I figure the best chance for Rangers to try and steal a game or two is from the get go. Games 1-2 are essential if Rags wants to make it a series. Tied or down after going to Washington and its over baby.
Sipping on that Tortorella empty net special juice. What the f*** lmao.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Ovechkin is going to put on a show and take this to game 7, but in the end, Rangers win in 7

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
As a wings fan, congrats to the capitals but seriously.

Torts pulling the goalie with 3 mins left in a TIE game and basically GIVING you guys the game. I understand the flyers had to win in regulation but I mean come on. I’ll move on but it’s just so wrong how everything played out.

Actually David Savard icing the puck gave Detroit the game. But why quibble?

Ovechkin is going to put on a show and take this to game 7, but in the end, Rangers win in 7

Much as I'd like to see it, can't see that happening. Goal went in off his leg last night but other than that he was barely noticeable.

Can see Washington out-lasting the Rangers. But don't think he'll be the reason.

Reactions: Blue Blooded

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Lindgren has been excellent. However, as good as Lindgren has been, and how he has carried them, Shesterkin is also 17-5-1 with a 2.22 and .929 since the AS break. No excuses for Rangers this year. Learn from the massive underachievement, and get it together.

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
Don’t see this series being a cake walk for the Rangers, as much as I hope it will be.

Voted for them in 6, but Washington is playing with house money. No pressure and might be one of their last times in the post for a few seasons.

Could see Washington taking game 1 in a “surprise” and then everyone starts to chicken little, Rangers win the next 3, then caps, then Rangers take the series the following game.

Also expect the Wilson / Rempe shit to be talked about and pushed ad naseum, and nothing to come of it except a few scrums… or it’s going to be a f***ing bloodbath.

Also I don’t know what the f*** I’m talking about.

Should be fun tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad