Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
i am in the dominican for a wedding and have no way of watching so i’m expecting game 1 to be the best of the series

i’ll say it again though barring an injury to both goalies and pasta losing this series should be a fireable offense for monty and sweeney

If you are a NESN subscriber, a free VPN and the NESN360 app will work. Same with the Xfinity app if you have cable. Was in the DR last month and it worked just fine with a 7 day free trial of a VPN set to a Miami location.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins have to be the team to come out hard in front of their crowd. Get the first goal and play their game not the Leafs. Leafs will try to dive their way to a win. They do that every other game in the last 3 minutes when they are behind. Maroon is there to answer the bell. Domi and Bert would look great sporting shiners.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins have to be the team to come out hard in front of their crowd. Get the first goal and play their game not the Leafs. Leafs will try to dive their way to a win. They do that every other game in the last 3 minutes when they are behind. Maroon is there to answer the bell. Domi and Bert would look great sporting shiners.
If they don’t come out hard will definitely be worried about the outcome of this game.

Reactions: BMC and ProdigalFan

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I don’t disagree with you when it comes to the goalie situation last year’s playoffs,but Ullmark was also terrible the year before,and the Bruins D was atrocious last season.
The bruins had the top rated defense in the league last year

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i am in the dominican for a wedding and have no way of watching so i’m expecting game 1 to be the best of the series

i’ll say it again though barring an injury to both goalies and pasta losing this series should be a fireable offense for monty and sweeney
who the hell schedules their wedding during first round of the playoffs? I`d like to have a chat with that person please:)

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
All I know is bruin the conure is ready.

Attachments

• 17136332329036008635268034395488.jpg
    17136332329036008635268034395488.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
classic, I typically have more concerns about Grizz than Hampus
Ugh. Go to plus minus. All you have. He hasn't hit the scoresheet in 11 playoffs games. And he's been brutal. Support the trickle down when someone doesn't do their job. Then watch the bubble up that it places on other players. People railroaded Joe Thornton out of this town for a 0-0 in 7. 0-0 in 11. Lindholm wilts. Forget Anaheim.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Ugh. Go to plus minus. All you have. He hasn't hit the scoresheet in 11 playoffs games. And he's been brutal. Support the trickle down when someone doesn't do their job. Then watch the bubble up that it places on other players. People railroaded Joe Thornton out of this town for a 0-0 in 7. 0-0 in 11. Lindholm wilts. Forget Anaheim.
Ok

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I want peeke out there lots . I feel so relaxed when hes out there.

Think this series is more about Toronto than it is about the Bruins. On paper Toronto is built for this. Boston is squeezing just about everything they can out of this roster.
Donny sure found gems with those el cheapo deals. Peeke boqvist geekie jvr shatty danton. What a ride.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Not in the playoffs they weren’t which is what I was referencing.If they were the other teams must have really sucked.
There were 3 teams worse defensively than the bruins in the playoffs last year. Jets, bolts & kings.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
First post in a loooong while for me:

Mixed feelings on the match-up with the Leafs... I think on paper they're the most beatable team compared to the other possible match-ups in Florida or Tampa Bay; the obvious weaknesses being their goaltending or lack thereof and their stars' tendency to disappear when the games get tough. That being said, I have serious questions about this version of the Bruins ability to take advantage of that match-up. For the most part this year, they've had trouble holding leads late in games and seem to lack that killer instinct to finish teams off when they're down. Letting the Leafs hang around could be disastrous given the potency of the Leafs' offense.

Oddly enough for a coach who has done nothing but win (in the regular season) since he got here, my biggest question mark in this series is Monty. How will he react if things are tight or start going sideways? Will he panic like he did last year? I know for certain if he starts talking about how good/entertaining the games are after a loss like he did last year I'm going to start panicking hahaha.

Worst part about this match-up is all the off-ice baggage that could come with it. I think we can all agree that this year's Bruins have over-achieved compared to where many of us had them going into the season. If they were to fall to Tampa Bay or Florida, after the dust settles, I think we'd be able to look back on the positives and appreciate what would be perceived as an overall pretty successful season. Don't think we'll be able to say the same about a loss to Toronto. A loss to the Leafs will be immortalized forever as the Leafs' finally "slaying the dragon" and all that gak. A national holiday will probably be declared and (those of us in Canada at least) will never ever ever hear the end of it.

So, if nothing else, for the sake of my sanity, beat those @#$@ Leafs! Go Bruins!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins have to target the Leafs top players with some hard hits and set the tone. Marner and Mathews are divas not use to getting knocked on their butts. In the playoffs take no prisoners. It's whoever crawls out if the gutter that wins a series. GO BRUINS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad