Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

Delusional.

Our D is better than theirs and our goalies are better than theirs. Their forwards are much better than ours.

We might lose this series in 5 or win it in 6. That being said if the Leafs do win, there is no way they will beat anyone in the next round. And the comment to ‘look around the league….’ Yeah ok. Dallas would sweep the quite easily. Canes would chew them up also.

So with that welcome to life in Canada and the Canadian cheer leading delusional Leaf loving media. Awful.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I guess .Lol I may need some heart medicine.

Don’t know he’s played well against them ,but thought Ullmark’s play down the stretch was better,if he sticks with rotation it would ne Swayman,so who knows.
I looked up Ullmarks stats vs Leafs and it was not reassuring, but every season is different and he did play better down stretch so you are correct .

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Delusional.

Our D is better than theirs and our goalies are better than theirs. Their forwards are much better than ours.

We might lose this series in 5 or win it in 6. That being said if the Leafs do win, there is no way they will beat anyone in the next round. And the comment to ‘look around the league….’ Yeah ok. Dallas would sweep the quite easily. Canes would chew them up also.

So with that welcome to life in Canada and the Canadian cheer leading delusional Leaf loving media. Awful.
Neither one of our goalies has really been that good in the playoffs as of yet, Ullmark’s numbers are actually terrible in the 8 games he has played and Swayman’s aren’t nothing to right home about. I’m not really going to say ours is significantly better goalies can get hot in the playoffs and win a round or two ,plenty of examples of that over the years.Are D looks better yes ,but what D shows up because the D we saw in last year’s playoffs was a pure dumpster fire .Every last one off them.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Delusional.

That idiot was rolling around on the floor squeeling like a little biatch 2 days ago about facing Bruins.He is making money off it though which shows you how warped this new society really is .

Neither one of our goalies has really been that good in the playoffs as of yet, Ullmark’s numbers are actually terrible in the 8 games he has played and Swayman’s aren’t nothing to right home about. I’m not really going to say ours is significantly better goalies can get hot in the playoffs and win a round or two ,plenty of examples of that over the years.Are D looks better yes ,but what D shows up because the D we saw in last year’s playoffs was a pure dumpster fire .Every last one off them.
Monty helped create that dumpster fire constantly switching them.Monty has been a panic meter in his playoff appearances so it would be nice to see him calm down because that translates through the roster

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
That idiot was rolling around on the floor squeeling like a little biatch 2 days ago about facing Bruins.He is making money off it though which shows you how warped this new society really is .

Monty helped create that dumpster fire constantly switching them.Monty has been a panic meter in his playoff appearances so it would be nice to see him calm down because that translates through the roster
I don’t disagree with you when it comes to the goalie situation last year’s playoffs,but Ullmark was also terrible the year before,and the Bruins D was atrocious last season.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Delusional.

That's exactly what he said.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If one or both are ever going to make a case for themselves as a “playoff goalie,” it’s now or never.

If the Bruins are going to win this series, the goalies MUST be the deciding factor.

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
Worried about goaltending, D and Monty overthinking the hell out of everything. Uncertainty trickles it's way around the room.

If Hampus Lindholm shows up tonight it will be his first ever playoff game.

Think B's experience can win the series but can we match them on the offensive board?

Series in my opinion rests largely on McAvoy and if B's can get some ugly hard-nosed even strength scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Worried about goaltending, D and Monty overthinking the hell out of everything. Uncertainty trickles it's way around the room.

Think B's experience can win the series but can we match them on the offensive board?

Series in my opinion rests largely on McAvoy and if B's can get some ugly hard-nosed even strength scoring.
Well not sure we should depend on the power play so better get some even strength goals that’s for sure.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Hampus Lindholm in playoffs:

66 games 4-17-21 +15

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hampus Lindholm in playoffs:

66 games 4-17-21 +15
yep, I think one of the greatest crimes Hampus is guilty of was posting ridiculous outlier year with 50+ pts year 1 with the B`s. Truth is, if you were to look at his stats as a Duck, typically he was a 25 to 35 pt guy. What did he have this year? 25/26pts or thereabouts? Kind of right where he`s always been offensively

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Numbers tell one story and eyes play another.

With that said, should have been more direct and talked about first playoff game as a Bruin. Because he's played 11 horrible ones.
I think he had one really good game, maybe game 4 or 5 vs Carolina a couple of years ago and then didn’t he get injured?

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
yep, I think one of the greatest crimes Hampus is guilty of was posting ridiculous outlier year with 50+ pts year 1 with the B`s. Truth is, if you were to look at his stats as a Duck, typically he was a 25 to 35 pt guy. What did he have this year? 25/26pts or thereabouts? Kind of right where he`s always been offensively
Agree it hurts him optically. But he has not played well in the postseason. Johnny Boychuk, Seidenberg. Stepped up when it was needed.

Lindholm tends to wilt. That impacts the rest of the D-corps. He needs to be better in the postseason IMO. And I don't care what he did in Anaheim.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Numbers tell one story and eyes play another.

With that said, should have been more direct and talked about first playoff game as a Bruin. Because he's played 11 horrible ones.

And yet Hampus was the only Bruins defenseman that was a plus player in the playoffs last season.

Guess he must have been very lucky. And we all know it's better to be lucky than good.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i am in the dominican for a wedding and have no way of watching so i’m expecting game 1 to be the best of the series

i’ll say it again though barring an injury to both goalies and pasta losing this series should be a fireable offense for monty and sweeney

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
i am in the dominican for a wedding and have no way of watching so i’m expecting game 1 to be the best of the series

i’ll say it again though barring an injury to both goalies and pasta losing this series should be a fireable offense for monty and sweeney
I was in Jamaica one year during playoffs and was able to find the game do they not have Wifi? Although I ended up not bothering to watch after the first couple of games ,was there to enjoy my holidays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad