Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think this is the best situation to use plus/minus, comparing to other players on the same team. Same coach, same system, same goalies. Beecher's +/- was the worst of them.

Remember, this is in response to someone suggesting Beecher matchup against Austin Matthews. Not other 4th liners.
I think you are right about putting Beecher on Mathews, not fair to the kid at this time in his career, would be nice to see at some point in time he could play that way. I would suggest that ALL ! Bruins should be hitting and leaning on Mathews trying to wear him down.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Don't think the B's can go wrong either way with either goaltender, Its going to come down to putting in a 60 minute effort.

Taking the Leafs lightly will make for an early vacation, they are a very good team
Its a myth that players take any team lightly. They know that they are playing a good talented team and 100% effort is required. Fans on the other hand lol

Funny they are talking about this considering the number of years in between times they played each other......the mid-70's to 2013.....they have only faced each other 16 times overall. Considering how long both teams have been around that ain't much. The TO media will play this up so that if TO wins, they can scream about 'slaying the dragon' and 'historical win' and 'destiny and waited so long for this and blah blah blah and more blah....' all that baloney. This is why I just didn't want the Bruins to play them. The TO media is insufferable. Just awful.
Kinda like the Bruins did after we finally beat the Habs in like 40 something years. It will be a big deal

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
reefs in six I think unfortunately. I don't like Monty who is making changes again for no reason at all. I don't Macs attitude much to casual I wonder what that says about the rest of the team. Last but not least, I I don't like all marks glove hand it's bad.
This is good, means a Bruins series win

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Jesus, in past years there's been a smidgen of actual hockey talk on the main board threads. I just checked them out, and there's nothing but grade school bickering. It makes video game taunting sound like a formal debate. Stay away if you like your IQ points.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1713531494237.png

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It's this time of year that I really like the addition of Maroon and Shattenkirk. Two vets who have won Cups and know what it takes to win.

Pat Maroon the other day..... "It's the best time of the year. A lot of excitement in this room...we're all looking forward to it. It's gonna be a great challenge for us....this is where we all put our work boots on and come together as a group."

Compare that with Toronto the other night, and Keefe taking a moment to whisper in Matthews ear on the bench when he missed 70.

One guy talking about the team putting on work boots and one guy and his coach looking mopey because a personal record was missed.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Gotta think both teams will be looking to reach four wins first.

I think the club that does will likely take the series.
@EverettMike you and I are of a similar generation, but this is just too simplistic for the modern game. Teams will no doubt be going for wins on the surface, but at the end this will all come down to Expected Wins % against Expected Losses %.

Actual results of games is nice and all, but just such a 1980's way of looking at things.

reefs in six I think unfortunately. I don't like Monty who is making changes again for no reason at all. I don't Macs attitude much to casual I wonder what that says about the rest of the team. Last but not least, I I don't like all marks glove hand it's bad.
Holy shit. Talk about full Eeyore mode before even one second of time has elapsed.

Cheer up big fella. It's 0-0 and no one is even dressed yet.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Ullmark and Sway have more points in the last 20 games than JVR. He’s cooked. I pray I don’t see him again.

He's been very ill, lost something like 15 pounds.

I want him & Brazeau in because they're the only Bruins who don't balk at going to the front of the net instead of standing on the perimeter. Hopefully Brazeau can play later in the series.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
I don't know. But I'm fairly certain the Bruins would have difficulty dealing with EDM's speed and scoring.
I agree that Edmonton's speed and scoring would cause a lot of problems for the Bruins. The B's lack of scoring depth would also be another obstacle in a potential Finals matchup. I just don't think the Oilers get by 3 rounds with their goaltending. They dodged a huge bullet by not having to face Vegas in the 1st round though.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Funny that leafs fans on the main board were saying to bruins fans that “the bruins were also their ideal matchup”.

4-0 against them this year and have been dragging them for a decade lol.

Not saying it’s a sure thing we win(even though we should fairly easily), but it’s comical they think we are their ideal matchup.

Reactions: Gordoff

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Funny that leafs fans on the main board were saying to bruins fans that “the bruins were also their ideal matchup”.

4-0 against them this year and have been dragging them for a decade lol.

Not saying it’s a sure thing we win(even though we should fairly easily), but it’s comical they think we are their ideal matchup.

Yeah, I think this a tough series and the Leavees can absolutely win, but zero percent chance the Bs are the best matchup for Toronto. Delusional stuff.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I agree that Edmonton's speed and scoring would cause a lot of problems for the Bruins. The B's lack of scoring depth would also be another obstacle in a potential Finals matchup. I just don't think the Oilers get by 3 rounds with their goaltending. They dodged a huge bullet by not having to face Vegas in the 1st round though.

Time will tell,

:wedgie:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Stay off the main boards Yikes. Leaf fans out in full force telling the world how much better they are, how gonna smoke us. I don't get where they get their cockiness and confidence. Certainly not from any kind of success. It's mind boggling how obnoxious they are
It's always been that way ......obnoxious annoying fans who dont even watch hockey after their team is out.......no wonder thet don't know what it takes to win 4 rounds and a Cup
..they have never even watched anyone do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad