Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1713487781759.png

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I just feel with it being Swaymans turn in the rotation and with him being 3-0 with a 1.5 GAA and a 96 percent save percentage against the leafs this season, it’ll make the decision easy for Monty.

If it was up to me I’d go with Linus too, he’s been the better of the two down the stretch and IMO he’s the better goalie, but it’s an easy out for Monty to go with Sway and I’d bet my house it’s him. 😉
Yea ,Linus was better down stretch.Not sure why but I thought Linus gave Leafs hard time with Sabres.After using Google I think I rather Swayman going vs Leafs but whoever it is I will be cheering for to stop pucks Keep the house lol

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You can say it, that was me. I like Beecher's size speed and stick and that was a repose to someone saying Coyle is a good match up.

Coyle line has been dog garbage in their end of the ice and give up a ton of chances,

Why not get the kids feet wet and see what he's made of maybe he can become that legit shut down center.

Obviously not every shift but I have no problem with seeing him in that role
Of all the Bruins lines who have played 75 mins together, only JVR-Geekie-Freddy has a lower xGA/60 than 63-13-74, and that’s with very tough deployment.

The problem with that line is they’re not scoring (they only give up 1.56 actual goals per 60 which is elite but only score 2.42 per 60). Only JVR-Geekie-Frederic and Lauko-Beecher-Steen score at a lower clip.

For comparison, Heinen-Zacha-Pasta score 5.53 G/60.

Reactions: BMC and 4ORRBRUIN

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Ullmark and Sway have more points in the last 20 games than JVR. He’s cooked. I pray I don’t see him again.

Reactions: badbrewin

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Yes, Ullmark's numbers have been really strong since the trade deadline passed, but if we look at each goalie's final 3 games of the season:

Ullmark = 2.67 GAA ; .901 Sv%
Swayman = 2.03 GAA ; .924 Sv%

With Swayman seemingly returning to form and also factoring in his recent success vs the Maple Leafs and that's it's his 'turn' in the rotation -- I'd start him Game 1.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Watching Tampa/Leafs game.

Apparently the Leafs haven't beat the Bruins in the post season since 1959 as per the intermission crew.
Funny they are talking about this considering the number of years in between times they played each other......the mid-70's to 2013.....they have only faced each other 16 times overall. Considering how long both teams have been around that ain't much. The TO media will play this up so that if TO wins, they can scream about 'slaying the dragon' and 'historical win' and 'destiny and waited so long for this and blah blah blah and more blah....' all that baloney. This is why I just didn't want the Bruins to play them. The TO media is insufferable. Just awful.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well my pool is picked..Get 12 players and sad to say I have no Bruins because the one's worth taking were gone.Still hope they win of course ,it's only money :laugh:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Yes, Ullmark's numbers have been really strong since the trade deadline passed, but if we look at each goalie's final 3 games of the season:

Ullmark = 2.67 GAA ; .901 Sv%
Swayman = 2.03 GAA ; .924 Sv%

With Swayman seemingly returning to form and also factoring in his recent success vs the Maple Leafs and that's it's his 'turn' in the rotation -- I'd start him Game 1.
What I notice with Sway is his competitiveness attitude who IMO took a step higher. He is cocky. If I am the coach... I start with him in net this year.

Reactions: Gordoff

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Boys, I am scarred as hell and scared to death lol.

I’m hoping for a dandy series, the recent history hasn’t been kind to my team but they been hella good fun to watch. If we can get a bunch of games that looked like the first two this year, they were beauts, we will be entertained. Good luck to all you guys, one of the top boards on HF, see you on the other side.

Squiffy

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
reefs in six I think unfortunately. I don't like Monty who is making changes again for no reason at all. I don't Macs attitude much to casual I wonder what that says about the rest of the team. Last but not least, I I don't like all marks glove hand it's bad.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm picking Boston in 5 games. Boston wins the first 3 games although they are all close games with at least 1 game going to OT. Toronto blows them out in Game 4 to avoid the sweep but Boston returns the favour with an easy win in Game 5.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think the schedule helps Bruins with 2 days off between games 4 and 2 more off between game 5..The Leafs definitely are fast so this keeps Bruins rested to deal with it better

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Anyone know of any bruins bars in Manhattan? We’re heading down next weekend to see back to the future on broadway (Friday night, thankfully).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad