Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A friend fixed the spelling mistake, here is the corrected version.
1713473252442.jpeg

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
We will have our answer in two weeks.

Lindholm is a lot better with McAvoy in my opinion. He moves his feet more. They will be on the ice against Matthews .
I don’t think it sounds ideal to have two of your better offensive D playing shut down roles. It would be better if Carlo and somebody else can do it

Reactions: 22Brad Park

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I LOVE the fact that Matthews had 12 shots on net last night and didn't get his 70th goal. Small things make me happy. I don't honestly know what to expect but the Leafs backed into the playoffs too.....so......the pressure is on them, not the Bruins.

If they don't make it past the first round, that core has to be done. It is the Bruins playing with house money this year. We lost so much talent and still ended up second in the Atlantic. Boston culture makes the difference, Leafs culture is rotten to the core.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Well I for one must be getting old. It seems to me that it was just yesterday that we were talking about round one vs Florida last year.......and then it seems like yesterday that we had the season start......now we are talking about round one this year vs TO. Wow! Times does fly. Unfortunately when it does fly it runs into a bus or a wall and causes all kinds of havoc eh?????? Bahahahahhahhahhahaaa!!!!! Its good to laugh!

I still go with our goaltending vs their offence is what will be the difference. The team that wins the series will have won because they outscored us or Linus/Sway stole some games and came up big when they had to. Also what worked in the last 2 wins vs TO this year was very solid defense and capitalizing on their turnovers/mistakes. That will be big too. Either way I didn't think we had a playoff team this year so this is exciting to get round one going.

Let's go Bruins!!!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I LOVE the fact that Matthews had 12 shots on net last night and didn't get his 70th goal. Small things make me happy. I don't

honestly know what to expect but the Leafs backed into the playoffs too.....so......the pressure is on them, not the Bruins.

If they don't make it past the first round, that core has to be done. It is the Bruins playing with house money this year. We lost so much talent and still ended up second in the Atlantic. Boston culture makes the difference, Leafs culture is rotten to the core.
Coach Chippy

My favorite hockey related follow.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Sens fan coming here in peace. Going to theoretically dig out my old Bruins jersey from days gone by and join this Bruins train for the playoffs.

Hate the Leafs with a passion. Oh the level of bravado and circle jerking by Laff fans will be off the charts (and almost unbearable) should Toronto win up here. Boston you have to make this happen please!
while accomplishing literally nothing, they have become the league's douchiest fan base (and their media fan boys/girls are just as bad).
worse than the habs right now, but only because montreal sucks.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not just a rookie, but one that has been send back down multiple times this season and has the worst plus/minus on the team.
You are right about his plus/ minus, but I do feel that stat is not fair to him, remember he did pk and play 4th line not going to get a lot of points .Not trying to disagree with you but there times plus/ minus can be skewered .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad