Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace. I have a lot of respect for your team and culture. It stands alone in the NHL in my opinion. Best culture in the league. I hope the Leafs can emulate it one day, feel like we have a little bit after getting rid of that pathetic excuse of a GM Kyle Dumbass. Here we go again for round 4, let’s have a good series fellas!

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Leafs fan coming in peace. I have a lot of respect for your team and culture. It stands alone in the NHL in my opinion. Best culture in the league. I hope the Leafs can emulate it one day, feel like we have a little bit after getting rid of that pathetic excuse of a GM Kyle Dumbass. Here we go again for round 4, let’s have a good series fellas!
Get outta here

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
I will also say the fact that TO hasn’t beaten the Bruins the last 3 times is nothing compared to living through the Bruins losing to Montreal all those years. 77, 78, 79, 84, 85, 86, 87……..every year you think it’s the year and it’s not. Also twice in the finals and once and the semis from that list. Incredibly painful.
You could also add 71 to that list.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
So, which Bruins players have most stepped up their offensive games in recent playoff history?

3-season Regular Season Averages
  • Marchand = 0.42 goals per game ; 1.10 points per game
  • Heinen = 0.18 goals per game
  • Zacha = 0.63 points per game
  • McAvoy = 0.70 points per game

3-season Playoff Averages
  • Marchand = 0.64 goals per game (+0.22) ; 1.32 points per game (+0.22)
  • Heinen = 0.43 goals per game (+0.25)
  • Zacha = 0.86 points per game (+0.23)
  • McAvoy = 0.92 points per game (+0.22)

Will these players up their games again? Will some new players step up and add themselves to the list?

I still think the Bruins will need more than what they've gotten recently from at least two of:
Jake DeBrusk, Morgan Geekie, Trent Frederic and James van Riemsdyk.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I would just like to caution you all not to avoid considering what I like to call the JBE.

Of course I refer to the Justin Bieber Effect. I don’t know how it will show up - chauffeuring Matthews to games in a shiny black Escalade, singing a bro-love song to Master Money Mitch, or some other way.

I just know it will be there, and all of you need to be prepared. Those who take their hockey seriously will find it distracting and disturbing.

Nah it's all good. Monty made friends with Biebs on the bench in the All Star game and has secretly brought him over to the side of the angels. He'll pretend to still be a Leafs fan initially, until the middle of G6 when he'll suddenly bust out a massive Bruins flag in the stands and cheer our boys on as in the ensuing chaos Marchand and co. break Leaf hearts again and finish off the series in six at Scotiabank. Biebs and Pasta will then perform a duet of Barbie Girl at center ice.

You heard it here first! :nod:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Game 1: assuming Brazeau is still out

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Boqvist-Beecher-Maroon

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Gryz-Peeke

Swayman (Game 1)
Ullmark (Game 2)

Reactions: BMC and nORRis8

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Poor Leafs play tonight, and most of their guys have to dress (including Mr 69)

Mr.69 :laugh:
Generally I call him Nostrils due to his gaping nose holes that look like moon craters.
But Mr.69 has a nice ring to it.

I love how every year the brainless leaf media pumps this guy's tires to the point they say he should be a Selke candidate.
If you want to see one of the laziest players on a backcheck look no further than Matthews.
His defensive play in his own end is horrible (check last night's hilites)
He's not even on the leafs PK.:huh:
Friggin' weird. Yet "Selke candidate!

Next they'll say he should win the Vezina.

Last edited:

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Did you doubt that LVG would win with some guy named Aidin Hill, who was, if memory serves, a third string goaltender? That the Wings won with Chris Osgood?

It happens.
Yeah, that's beyond crazy what happened last year. You could even say that Hill was 4th or 5th on the depth chart (Lehner, Thompson, Brossoit, Quick). But Vegas didn't have to ride Hill for all 4 rounds though. Brossoit beat the Jets, and he started the Edmonton series. Luckily for Vegas, Brossoit got injured (they weren't getting by the Oilers with him in net), and the rest is history.

Osgood played behind some loaded Wings teams. The Oilers do not have anyone of Lindstrom's caliber. Their D is not that good. If anything happens to Skinner (injury or poor play), do you really think Pickard is going to lead them to the promise land?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Boqvist-Beecher-Maroon

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Gryz-Peeke

Swayman (Game 1)
Ullmark (Game 2)

I can't imagine the bolded is true (Lohrei). I also strongly question JVR there. Gonna say it's probably not him. Otherwise forwards look very close.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Boqvist-Beecher-Maroon

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Gryz-Peeke

Swayman (Game 1)
Ullmark (Game 2)
I think you got the first 3 forward lines right. I assume Lauko will in over Beecher on the 4th line to start the series. As for the D pairings, hopefully Monty keeps the Lindholm-McAvoy pairing together, but I doubt we see Lohrei in game 1 (I would love to see him draw in).

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Boqvist-Beecher-Maroon

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Gryz-Peeke

Swayman (Game 1)
Ullmark (Game 2)
have to imagine shattenkirk is in for game 1. seems like they need him on the PP now.
also beecher was sent to the AHL and practiced with providence yesterday. doesn't mean
he can't come back up, but probably boqvist 4C and lauko for sure deserves to be playing
in game 1. goalies...no clue. ullmark was better in the 2nd half, but it's also swayman's "turn"
in the rotation and he's been nails against the leafs.

also, f*** the leafs.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Boqvist-Beecher-Maroon

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Gryz-Peeke

Swayman (Game 1)
Ullmark (Game 2)
Id be fine with that.
Lohrei had a great game against the leafs earlier this year, The leafs are also one team I dont mind gryz in the lineup for.
Id still like to see jake at LW

Reactions: Gordoff

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
have to imagine shattenkirk is in for game 1. seems like they need him on the PP now.
also beecher was sent to the AHL and practiced with providence yesterday. doesn't mean
he can't come back up, but probably boqvist 4C and lauko for sure deserves to be playing
in game 1. goalies...no clue. ullmark was better in the 2nd half, but it's also swayman's "turn"

also, f*** the leafs.
We need Beecher in there for size and faceoffs.

I'd be pissed if I was Beecher and Lauko slots in ahead of me.

Agree on Shatt

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

also, f*** the leafs.

Shatty vs Wotherspoon will be an interesting choice all series.

Wotherspoon is a left shot that plays on his off-hand when he takes the Shatty spot, correct? When they pair Wotherspoon and Peeke, Wotherspoon plays his strong side if I recall.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad