Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would just like to caution you all not to avoid considering what I like to call the JBE.

Of course I refer to the Justin Bieber Effect. I don’t know how it will show up - chauffeuring Matthews to games in a shiny black Escalade, singing a bro-love song to Master Money Mitch, or some other way.

I just know it will be there, and all of you need to be prepared. Those who take their hockey seriously will find it distracting and disturbing.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
8n56fu.jpg

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Should be a fun series. Our goaltending is our strength and let's hope that carries into the playoffs. Good test for them and this team.

I wouldn't be opposed to beating up McCabe and Domi on their first shift either but yeah.

Good luck to the mods during this one. Our last regular season game had posters attacking one another, can't imagine what it will be like if the Bruins have a shit game lol. Might need to promote some interim mods.
Interim mods reporting for duty:sarcasm:
IMG_4601.jpeg

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
love that the ladies with the guys are all laughing

it really doesn`t, I`d play the video attached on a loop during warmups right up to the anthem game 1
Never gets old haven’t watched all the goals in awhile just the comeback,but man the Bruins were a dumpster fire defensively getting behind in that game.I had forgotten that.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Not sure why anyone thinks this is a sure win for the Bruins,Leafs have firepower,I expect Bertuzzi to have a big series,and they don’t need great goaltending it just needs to be not bad.

Well I am seeing a lot of Leaf flags on cars so many also of driving age
those are probably marijuana leaves..............

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Personally I’d play Swayman in game 1. I think it’s obvious that Ullmark has been better overall since the break BUT Sway will fight like hell to win that first game … and if he does then go right ahead and rotate to Ullmark. The poor leafs would be truly facing a two headed monster if Sway wins game 1, and they have to face Ullmark game two. Make goaltending a bit of a spotlight in the series…get in the leaf’s heads. It’s not like Sway is a slouch (plus he’s played terrific against the leafs).
I understand that Jeremy has been very good against the Leafs. I would still go with Ullmark in game one.

Clearly, of late, he has been the better goaltender, and I think that's what you have to begin with.

The rotation business is fraught to me as a traditionalist, but will be fascinating regardless.

I hope Montgomery has learned from his mistakes.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I will also say the fact that TO hasn’t beaten the Bruins the last 3 times is nothing compared to living through the Bruins losing to Montreal all those years. 77, 78, 79, 84, 85, 86, 87……..every year you think it’s the year and it’s not. Also twice in the finals and once and the semis from that list. Incredibly painful.

Brewin

Nov 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Just swinging by to say:

In 2010, the B's looked like they were gonna win it all. We all know what happened - up 3-0 against Philly and ended up blowing it. The next year, after that heartbreak, it all finally came together.

Last year looked like their year again. Heartbreak. I believe this will be another year of redemption. Go B's!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad