Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.3%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 306 20.6%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 434 29.2%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 257 17.3%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 39 2.6%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 193 13.0%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 142 9.6%

• Total voters

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
How can both teams lose with a lead going into the 3rd with the lead and still lose at the same time?

icegif-606.gif

Can't wait for Matthews to disappear again.

Bruins in 6.
I'll keep scoring while my team keeps sucking!
giphy.gif

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Its very weird seeing so many posters in the Bruins board with a lack of confidence. You guys are 6-0 against us in the past 6 games lol. Are those concerns in your "Series Talk" thread fake news?
Leaf fans were touting their similarly excellent results vs the Bruins back in 2019.

Regular season trends don't mean Richard when it comes to the NHL playoffs.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Also proven to struggle when the refs put away their whistles and the play gets physical.
I think what you meant was the refs put away the whistle whenever they want. I'm glad the Leafs don't have to play the dirtiest team in the league led by the whitest coach.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Also proven to struggle when the refs put away their whistles and the play gets physical.

Generally the problem is the refs put away their whistles for one team leading to some pretty lopsided penalty differentials

Either call everything or nothing. Don’t pick and choose when to call stuff based on the scores in the game.

Reactions: leafs in five

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The refs haven't really put away their whistles very much the last couple years. It's just been standard game management stuff in the playoffs for the most part. The Leafs will be on the wrong end of a lot of that as long as Keefe is there, though, imo. Feel like he's screamed at every official in the league at this point and none of them like him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This series is just maximum pain or maximum gain.

How nice would it be to end Jack Edwards career? You don't get that chance often.

Can we just fast forward to Game 7? All the other series went 7 games and this one won't be any different.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Boston is a much better matchup than Florida would have been, I like our chances. Leafs in 7. The teams are a lot more even than it would seem, overtime/shootout points are literally the difference in the standings.

3 times now we lost to them in 7 games, something has got to give right ?

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
This playoff format needs to ****ing change. Jesus, Bruins or Lightning every single year. So boring.

Hell, go to 1-16 and give us lots of fresh matchups. Conferences make sense for regular season to cut down on travel but they don't need to be treated as two entirely separate leagues.

I'm sick of playing the same few teams over and over.

Reactions: Sevendust

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Collective melt down from Leafs when they inevitably choke this series to Bruins gonna be good entertainment.

I hate Bruins though but I just have hard time to see Leafs taking this. Only thing Leafs has over them is better high end skill in offense.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Its very weird seeing so many posters in the Bruins board with a lack of confidence. You guys are 6-0 against us in the past 6 games lol. Are those concerns in your "Series Talk" thread fake news?
The whole Bruins board could be a foundation for a masters thesis on emotional protection in sports fandom.

Reactions: wintersej

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The refs have never put the whistles away in a Leafs playoff series. 82 game regular season is very dull for the Leafs with special teams. Normal games end like 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 in PP opportunities. Playoffs come around and it's like 6-4, 5-3, 4-2 in PP opportunities.

Leafs would welcome a series without many whistles on either side. Strangely that doesn't happen though. It's special teams galore and the Leafs always suck at both.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
No surprise to see general consensus lean Bruins, but the Leafs have been a significantly better team through this whole calendar year, as well as having more high end talent in general. Boston has a clear edge in net and on defence, but I suspect this will be yet another series where the Leafs top players will dictate what happens - win or lose, they'll decide the outcome.
Bruins are 4-0 this year vs the leafs with 2 wins in less than 48 hrs . If the leafs were the better team there’d be some evidence of that, like say a win this year, or a better record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad