Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The Leafs biggest advantage in this series is down the middle. Matthews, Tavares against Coyle and Zacha? Yeah no contest, it’s not even close. Leafs will dominate in the faceoff dot. The Leafs need to exploit the Bruins biggest weakness which is at Centre.
Tavares is a poor, poor player now. Basically it's Coyle against Matthews which is a wash, and then Zacha demolished Tavares. Tavares can't keep up with play and is only useful on the PP which is non-existent when the playoffs roll around.

I don't see a Leafs advantage anywhere. Maybe Knies over Lauko?

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Sorry, did you just write, "This isnt going to be a walk in the park for the Leafs", about a playoff series?

Where have you been for the last decade?

The Leafs made big strides last playoffs by winning their first playoff round in the Matthews era. Now, they need to win at least 2 rounds this playoffs.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs could win the series but Boston is going to lay a beating on them for up to 7 games. Down the middle though, Leafs are far superior.

Offense: Leafs
Defense: Bruins
Goaltending: Bruins
Coaching: Bruins

Awesomeness: Leafs
c92db1ff-336f-4dc9-b18b-59949bb84f8d_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah I have absolutely no idea how he is considered a strong point for us. I'd rather have him on the 4th line and 2nd PP unit.

The Leafs made big strides last playoffs by winning their first playoff round in the Matthews era. Now, they need to win at least 2 rounds this playoffs.
I can't see it unfortunately. The Bruins are just too strong. Leafs need to wait out the Tavares contract for any meaningful improvement opportunities.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Tavares is a poor, poor player now. Basically it's Coyle against Matthews which is a wash, and then Zacha demolished Tavares. Tavares can't keep up with play and is only useful on the PP which is non-existent when the playoffs roll around.

I don't see a Leafs advantage anywhere. Maybe Knies over Lauko?

Keefe should keep Domi at Centre, he’s actually a decent centre if paired with good wingers. Could have Domi as #2C and move Tavares to the third line.

Domi has chemistry with Bertuzzi. Pair those two with Nylander as your 2nd line.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
i think this series will be play in the net. Yes Swayman/Ulmark had been great last 2 years in regular season but in playoff ... an other story no one ever had any kind of succes in playoff. Goaltending had been a huge problem for Boston last 2 playoff and its where they lost their last 2 playoff series.

If someone is able to step up this year, they probably gonna win it

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Will cheer for the Leafs, however smarty pants bruins lost both games on purpose, so they know what the Leafs are. I wish the Leafs had pride to use it as rallying round the flag factor, but we all know how the core responds to adversity. Captain rat can lead while chat gpt captain can’t.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
No surprise to see general consensus lean Bruins, but the Leafs have been a significantly better team through this whole calendar year, as well as having more high end talent in general. Boston has a clear edge in net and on defence, but I suspect this will be yet another series where the Leafs top players will dictate what happens - win or lose, they'll decide the outcome.

Reactions: definedMF

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I can't see it unfortunately. The Bruins are just too strong. Leafs need to wait out the Tavares contract for any meaningful improvement opportunities.

It will be a really good series, probably the best 1st round matchup in the East. A team built primarily on offense vs a team built from the backend.

Nylander needs to step up and show everyone why he’s worth his new contract. If Tavares can’t do it anymore, then Nylander needs to take the bull by the horns and run with it.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Anyone that's predicting a sweep for either team is deluded or trolling.

Toronto better Offense, Boston better Defense, Boston better Goaltending.

Boston doesn't need better offense to beat Toronto, they need the defense not to suck and the Goaltending to be on point. Boston's offense also isn't a bad as some here make it out to be.

As long as they do the first two, they should beat Toronto, most likely in 6-7 games. Dangle might have a heart-attack live on camera if it goes 7 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad