2. HER at PRO
Sun Apr 28 3:05 PM
3. PRO at HER
Sat May 4 7:00 PM
4. PRO at HER
Sun May 5 5:00 PM *
5. HER at PRO
Wed May 8 7:05 PM *​

The two teams played each other twice over the course of the regular season with the two teams splitting the series with a 3-2 win each. Providence finished the season with a 51-20-0-5 record giving them 105 points, the highest points they've had since the 06-07 season where they also finished 1st in the Atlantic. Hershey finished with a 36-31-3-6 record and managed to get in on the last day with a 4-2 win against the Manchester Monarchs. Hershey's Jeff Taffe finished second in the AHL scoring race with 18G 53A whilst Providence's highest scorer was Ryan Spooner who attributed to 17G 40A in 57 games.

Credit to Penn Live for the info

Last edited:

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
That seems to be the concensus on another board I follow, but this could be interesting. The Bears got Kundratek & Orlov from DC, and major prospect Nate Schmidt out of Minnesota, so we're suddenly talented & deep on the blue line. Grubauer's had a nice rookie season (taking nothing away from Svedberg, the AHL's best goalie this season), so if the chips fall just right and we can get a few key goals, who knows?

Besides, I never thought we'd be here now, so this is bonus time in my eyes.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Ryan Spooner has been playing out of his mind as of late, and with plenty of secondary options like Bourque and Tardif, offense will not be an issue for the PBs unlike the last few years. They are absolutely loaded up front. Their scratches right now could form two pretty decent AHL lines.

Defense needs to tighten up and not panic. Too often they dominate games for 50 minutes, but have ten minutes of listless play that lead to a couple quick goals.

Bruins in 4.

Last edited:

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Hershey is up 2-0 in games, coming home for Game 3 (and 4 if needed) at Giant Center, and just got Caps 1st round pick Tom Wilson from the Plymouth Whalers. The 6'4", 210 pounder will likely be in the lineup Saturday for Game 3.

They also picked up Connor Carrick, a 5'9" defenseman from Plymouth. He'll be with the Black Aces as long as he's around.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is it me or is the scheduling a bit odd. The next round will be starting I think the same day as this one ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad