Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 8

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rank what will be the best team in the Eastern Conference. You can choose to pick what team you think will win the East and be in the SCF, OR what team you think will finish 1st overall at the end of the regular season, use whatever criteria you think is most applicable.

Here are the current Division setups:

Atlantic Division
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

Metropolitan Division
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals

Here are the current results of our polls

Atlantic Division
Boston Bruins (60.53%)
Tampa Bay Lightning (76.00%)
Montreal Canadiens (38.03%)
Detroit Red Wings (43.24%)
-
-
-
-

Metropolitan Division
Pittsburgh Penguins (58.54%)
New York Rangers (73.91%)
Columbus Blue Jackets (47.62%)
-
-
-
-
-

Here are the current Eastern Conference Playoff Rankings:

Boston Bruins
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Rangers
Tampa Bay Lightning
Montreal Canadiens
Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings
-
-------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Playoff Matchups:
Boston Bruins VS Worst Wild Card Team (8)
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Detroit Red Wings (7)
New York Rangers VS Columbus Blue Jackets
Tampa Bay Lightning VS Montreal Canadiens

Poll to come shortly....

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
going with Jersey. Defense is solid, they have depth at forward (though most of them are ancient) and goaltending should easily be the 2nd/3rd best in the Metro.

not going with Philly because losing Kimmo will hurt an already shaky defense, and I'm not sold on guys like Gostisbehere making the jump this year. Mason should do alright, but there's only so much he can do. Giroux and Voracek could alter the tide in their favor though.

not going with the Islanders because their D is a bit inexperienced for my liking. Offense should be good, intersted if depth guys like Lee can continue to impress. I think the Isles will make a push too, a lot depends on their young defenders. They'll fall just short.

not going with Toronto because Toronto. They'll find a way to fail, even if they have to pull their goalie while leading by 3 goals to do so.

wild card for that 8th spot: Panthers.

Last edited:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Sticking with the Capitals here.

didn't lose much offensively got better on D

3 points out of a play off spot last year and they improved for this year?

Personally think they will be alot higher on this list.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
why? they made it last year w/ pretty much their entire regular lineup injured.

they did and that was THE story of last years regular season imo.

A lot of question marks this season though. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Alfredsson (?), Franzen - how long will those guys hold up? Can Mantha, Tatar and Jurco make up for some decline. Will Nyquist repeat his insane season? Guy was shooting at > 18%. A goal every second game by this guy? I don't see it.
Howard was kinda inconsistent last season, if this continues this season depends on how Mrazek/Monster will handle the back-up job - I doubt they can go, what, 16-5-4 or something crazy on Gustavsson's back again.
I'm not a fan of their defense either. Kronwall is great, but there's a significant drop-off after that. Ericsson is a good shut down guy. I don't like Quincey's play, and if DeKeyser doesn't improve positioning and strength forwards will start to figure him out.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
they did and that was THE story of last years regular season imo.

A lot of question marks this season though. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Alfredsson (?), Franzen - how long will those guys hold up? Can Mantha, Tatar and Jurco make up for some decline. Will Nyquist repeat his insane season? Guy was shooting at > 18%. A goal every second game by this guy? I don't see it.
Howard was kinda inconsistent last season, if this continues this season depends on how Mrazek/Monster will handle the back-up job - I doubt they can go, what, 16-5-4 or something crazy on Gustavsson's back again.
I'm not a fan of their defense either. Kronwall is great, but there's a significant drop-off after that. Ericsson is a good shut down guy. I don't like Quincey's play, and if DeKeyser doesn't improve positioning and strength forwards will start to figure him out.

which is why i think most ppl have them ranked so low. but again, they made the playoffs with their entire team injured last year. id be surprised if they are that hurt this year. if they have Datsyuk & Zetterberg the whole year, i think they make it easily.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If anyone wants to do a leaguesafe bet that any of these teams will finish ahead of the Devils, PM me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad