Series Discussion: Eastern Conference Finals: Caps vs. TBL

Who and how many?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
Most nervous I’ve been in years for a game. Can’t wait for the puck to drop tomorrow. Won’t get anything done at work.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I have a meeting at work 10am tomorrow till 12.
basically the first 2 periods.

I might have to go full media blackout till I get home. BUT THEN I MISS YOU GUYS.

That's one downside to watching the game with a delay, which is what I've done most of these playoff games. You can't jump into the GDT because it will spoil part of the action for you.

I won't start watching until around 9:30pm tomorrow, EST, which means I'll still probably catch up before the game is over since I'll be skipping commercials and intermissions.

EDIT: But I'm not nervous. One upside to all these years of disappointment is I expect it, and I've grown a kind of shield over my hockey emotions. So I'm in a good place. I still totally enjoyed beating the Pens, but I wouldn't have been crushed if they lost.

Having said that, f*** the Lightning, LET'S GO CAPS!

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Might as well be all in tomorrow as fans. Just f***ing believe.

Don’t get too down

Unless the go to OT, then I’m cutting it off, walking my dog, and waiting excruciatingly for the ESPN alert to pop up...

EternalOptimist

Apr 26, 2018
Really hoping the refs just put the whistles away for game 7, like they did last game for the most part

But if they dont man we have GOT to stop leaving stamkos wide open in his favorite spot. Every single time he's unmanned. You'd think this team in particular would know better about that left circle one timer..

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Unless the go to OT, then I’m cutting it off, walking my dog, and waiting excruciatingly for the ESPN alert to pop up...

First OT I watched in about ten years was Kuzy’s winner. Normally I just shut off tv and go to bed and find out winner in the morning.

No idea why I kept game six on other than my son wanted to see how it turned out. I kept trying to temper the obvious hope that was written all over his face.

I am a horrible parent. ;)

Last edited:

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
I've been a fan since year 1, which makes me older than most of you.

If you are interested..........the pain still is bad in your 50's.

I just told my wife to remind me tomorrow (in case of a loss) that this was the second best run in 43 years........against a better team. Enjoy.

I'm not sure I can do that Wednesday night. So why not win!.........WIN! And kick McPhee's ass!!

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I’m calm

I’m at peace with whatever happens. I think we’ve acquitted ourselves quite well

Still, nobody remembers who lost

Win this ****

I kind of am too. No doubt the game will be really stressful and intense, but I don't think a loss will leave nearly as sour a taste in my mouth after their game 6 performance. They picked themselves back up off the mat AGAIN, and really showed me something.

Still, I'm not going to entertain any thoughts of a loss right now. 8 deserves to play for a cup after all these years. FINISH THIS SHIT

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
EDIT: But I'm not nervous. One upside to all these years of disappointment is I expect it, and I've grown a kind of shield over my hockey emotions. So I'm in a good place. I still totally enjoyed beating the Pens, but I wouldn't have been crushed if they lost.

This. Though one upside is I could lose your paper bag and change my handle to be 20 years more current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad