Who and how many?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Lol, don't oversell it. It's not like he blazed up ice and beat everyone to the play. Watch it again. He moves at his typical not-so-fast pace, which is fine. Trailing the play is what landed him in position -- it's the same way a guy like Oshie would have played it (only they would have been more aware of defending Oshie).

All the credit in the world to DSP for a great effort goal, but he didn't win any races up ice. He wasn't even really moving with a lot of urgency in case the play came back his way. Everyone was expecting either the icing call or for Tampa to move it back out, which is why everyone kind of meandered in that direction. Stephenson and Beagle defied those expectations, DSP moved back into position, and it all worked out. Great effort from all (Capitals) involved.
I'm not saying he blazed faster than Point or Kucherov. I am saying he beat the three forwards to the net front, which is exactly what he did. They absolutely assumed Tampa would move it in transition if the icing was negated.

Its tough for me to blame them too much as they were down a goal and looking for transition play is pretty reasonable, but he still beat them to the spot whether that is due to speed or recognition of the turnover. He won.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm not saying he blazed faster than Point or Kucherov. I am saying he beat the three forwards to the net front, which is exactly what he did. They absolutely assumed Tampa would move it in transition if the icing was negated.

Its tough for me to blame them too much as they were down a goal and looking for transition play is pretty reasonable, but he still beat them to the spot whether that is due to speed or recognition of the turnover. He won.
And I would add that while Tampa may have been looking for the icing or the transition play, you have to read the play, and they didn't. DSP did, and he went to the net with his stick on the ice.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers fan here that likes Tampa. I don’t know why, but I want you guys to steam roll the bolts and then win the cup. I caught the end of last nights game and you guys should have won it. Even the bolts knew it. Good luck cap fans. Get it done!
Keep it going. I would think it’s going to come down to goaltending and who scored first. Good luck!

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Can we all agree that AlexBrovechkin8 opening the GDT tomorrow is a good idea, and that we should try to make that a reality? ABro, can you please do so at the crack of dawn so you don't get beat to it? LOL. Just seems like we have good juju with that routine, and let's dance with the one what brought us.
I am sure @calicapsfan would be happy to lock and delete all imposters.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can we all agree that AlexBrovechkin8 opening the GDT tomorrow is a good idea, and that we should try to make that a reality? ABro, can you please do so at the crack of dawn so you don't get beat to it? LOL. Just seems like we have good juju with that routine, and let's dance with the one what brought us.

Dude needs to set an alarm for 12:01am. ;)

I switched shifts with someone so I am working at 0200 Wed instead of 2200 Wed night. Luckily co-worker understands why.

p.s. I just took some time to look up Bro's GDT starter record and it really is pretty damn good. I'm not too superstitious anymore when it comes to the Caps but "what the hell" I say!

Last edited:

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I remember the Leafs always owning the Sens in the playoffs. No doubt a few of those Game 7 losses came against them for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad