Easier or tougher next season?

J22*

Disagree, Parise lives in the scoring areas... Koivu is a solid all around player but has never been overly creative.

True, and he's very good at it, but he doesnt bring the puck there. Parise spends the majority of a PP below the goal line, and only brings the puck to the net when he tries his quick jam play.

J22*

I think we're hopeful Coyle finds his size and becomes a bit of a power forward.

FTR- I dont want it to sound like I am hating on Parise, Koivu, or Suter. I am just tired of reading about how Yeo is an idiot when it comes to the PP. You cant blame the system when players refuse to attack the net.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
FTR- I dont want it to sound like I am hating on Parise, Koivu, or Suter. I am just tired of reading about how Yeo is an idiot when it comes to the PP. You cant blame the system when players refuse to attack the net.

No, but you can adjust the system. Like telling the players to rotate rather then having Suter hold the puck for 45 seconds then to Koivu, then to Parise behind the goal line for that fruity little jump out in front and try to stuff it in from the side cause we've never faced this team and they've seen us do it before and its bound to work some time.

J22*

No, but you can adjust the system. Like telling the players to rotate rather then having Suter hold the puck for 45 seconds then to Koivu, then to Parise behind the goal line for that fruity little jump out in front and try to stuff it in from the side cause we've never faced this team and they've seen us do it before and its bound to work some time.

Thats kind of my point. Do people honestly believe that the coaches are telling Suter, Koivu, and Parise to just keep the puck on the RW boards and just pass it back and forth to each other? The coaches have the right plan in having those 3 guys be the ones that the PP runs through, but if none of them are willing to take a chance to make a play, thats when you end up with Parise's jam play or a one timer from Spurgeon.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
As an outsider my unbiased opinion of next years standings.

1. Chicago
2. St Louis
3. Nashville
4. Minnesota
5. Dallas
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

For us we just do not have the scoring depth. We seemed to address that in the draft so who knows maybe in 3 years or so we will compete. Pavelec was also a huge mistake for us.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if we keep seto, i predict 6th in the west. i think we're better than NSH, maybe neck n neck w DET. the easier travel schedule should be a benefit. i wont be shocked if the nucks have a bad year!

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
As an outsider my unbiased opinion of next years standings.

1. Chicago
2. St Louis
3. Nashville
4. Minnesota
5. Dallas
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

For us we just do not have the scoring depth. We seemed to address that in the draft so who knows maybe in 3 years or so we will compete. Pavelec was also a huge mistake for us.

We're behind one of the worst teams in the NHL from last year? Mmmmmk.

dwanmaster*

Wild PP should just do what Montreal does, have 2 people stand near the net, and have 2 people at the point passing it back and forth and taking low 1 timers.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'll add if the wild could figure out how to make our PP catch fire we could be as high as 3rd in the west! i cant see the chemistry being worse next yr, only getting better! and even if one player falls back i think another will rise. hows that for positive?

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
i'll add if the wild could figure out how to make our PP catch fire we could be as high as 3rd in the west! i cant see the chemistry being worse next yr, only getting better! and even if one player falls back i think another will rise. hows that for positive?

There ain't no West no more.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
This year will be harder.

As it should be, the only way we're ever going to learn how to be a Stanley Cup contender is by facing the best teams like Chicago, St. Louis 6 times a year, not stuck in worthless division with teams like Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary who aren't real barometers. Will be fun and a good learning experience for the Wild.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
with no real cap space to land a quality 2nd line ctr, no beef on our blueline im changing my tune 2 the wild step backwards and miss the playoffs. im upset about the spur signing doesnt leave any room to fix our holes.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
This year will be harder for the Wild, and I think they will struggle to get 3rd in the division.

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Dallas
4. Minnesota
5. Nashville
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
It's Chicago, St. Louis top 2 a lock, every other team you can throw in and pick out of a hat there's positive's and major flaws to each of the remaining 5.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I don't see much to be concerned about in Dallas to be honest. Everyone thinks this squad is mediocre with holes in vital spots? Look at that team.

I think Chicago probably runs away and hides, St. Louis and Minnesota stay neck and neck for placement while Dallas and Nashville vye for final playoff spots. Winnipeg comfortably misses and Colorado among the worst teams in the league again.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
This year will be harder for the Wild, and I think they will struggle to get 3rd in the division.

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. Dallas
4. Minnesota
5. Nashville
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

After today's signings/actions, I am down-grading the Wild to 5th spot behind Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad