12) Florida
13) New Jersey
14) Toronto
15) Carolina
16) Buffalo

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
If this team cuts down the goals against to near league average levels (230 GA, a realistic goal), this team has enough talent to score around 215 GF. That's a team that finishes in the 9th to 12th spot.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I went w/ 2nd last because as leaf fans we don't have the luck of last place. But I hope to god that if we start winning they start selling unneeded assets.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
if we unload phaneuf and bernier, then yes. if not, i think the devils are still worse off than us. especially with us having babcock, i just can't see us finishing below the devils.

how?
they finished above us the last two years.
their problem is they can't score
our problem (was) we can't defend

and now we lost our scoring prowress

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I think the East is wide open this year. After the top 4 teams (WSH, PIT, TB, NYR) the rest is wide open. It's impossible to tell if Ottawa or Philadelphia or even Florida will be there. TON of parity. Islanders and Wings are no guarantees. Boston is trending downward. Columbus is on the rise. Who knows what will happen.... even the Leafs could get hot and be in the race.

What if Kadri and JVR explode and become PPG players? Anything can happen. I'm not part of tank nation , never have been. I hope the Leafs win every game they play. One year I even bet that way online.

We have a lot of players that could blossom into difference makers. We are not just a bunch of scrubs. This thread is full of downers. :shakehead

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Schneider is a great goalie but he's not top 5. Rinne, Price, Lundqvist, Luongo, Dubnyk, Bishop, Rask, Anderson all > Schneider.

Schneider put up some amazing numbers last year playing on a terrible Devils team; they would've been the worst team in the league if it wasn't for Schneider.

I'm sure if Schneider had a Weber, Subban, McDonagh, Suter, Hedman, Chara, Karlsson, etc., his numbers would be even better. His best defenceman in front of him is Greene?..

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think its still too early to make predictions as we don't know if Bozak, Lupul and Dion will be on the team or not yet.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think its still too early to make predictions as we don't know if Bozak, Lupul and Dion will be on the team or not yet.

um. we were 7th last, 5th last, 8th last and 4th last with them, it's not that difficult, Mess.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
um. we were 7th last, 5th last, 8th last and 4th last with them, it's not that difficult, Mess.

How many of those teams were coached by Babcock? ;)

One of the World's best coaches will have an impact.

Kadri and Rielly have breakout years and things start looking up.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
how?
they finished above us the last two years.
their problem is they can't score
our problem (was) we can't defend

and now we lost our scoring prowress

i think you missed the part where i said we have babcock. he's a good coach and will get the most out of this group. i highly doubt we will tank like buffalo did last year with a coach like babcock especially with the current line-up. this roster hasn't been gutted yet, it still has some nhl talent on it. with phaneuf and bernier still on the roster, i can't see us finishing at the bottom of the league or below the devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad