Early Conn Smythe Favourites

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Dude Bouchard is not in the Smythe convo. You gotta chill with this stuff.
Not that I'd be voting for Bouch since he's not even the strongest candidate on his own team, but he is munching major minutes and has great numbers both hard and underlying. Better than Makar and Hughes for example.

It's not that far fetched.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He's 3rd in NHL scoring and has THREE game winners. Use your brain perhaps and apply logic. He's outperforming any dman and his defensive stats are excellent too. 2 of his GWG are at ES.

You need to stop having an aneurysm everytime Bouchards name is mentioned.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The best and most clutch defenceman these playoffs is in the convo. But Draisaitl being the beast he is, is so far ahead that you are probably right that Bouch isn’t in the convo. No one is.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He's 3rd in NHL scoring and has THREE game winners. Use your brain perhaps and apply logic. He's outperforming any dman and his defensive stats are excellent too. 2 of his GWG are at ES.

You need to stop having an aneurysm everytime Bouchards name is mentioned.
You guys are on crack living in your own delusional little world.

Bouchard is 75-1 to win the Smythe. If you think he's in the convo go put your money down. You can get similar players like Hintz and Jarvis at those odds, who are also not in the convo.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He is literally outscoring every single player that does not play for the oilers. He is in the conversation. You need to chill.
Bouchard isn't in the Smythe Conversation as the dup takes up 100% of all Conn Smythe talk from the Oilers.

That being said he is turning into the player I thought he would become.

Zadorov for MVP
Unsung hero type of post season and the Canucks are going to need to resign him.

Reactions: Ignatius

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
If the Oilers win the cup the Smythe will go to McDavid barring a Malkin-like performance by Leon D where can’t be denied. I see little chance of Bouchard winning it

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
For Vancouver it’s JT Miller (Boeser close 2nd). Miller’s progression as a player is unusual, a really late bloomer, in his 5th year in Vancouver and has gotten significantly better each year, now 31 and playing his best hockey.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
For Vancouver it’s JT Miller (Boeser close 2nd). Miller’s progression as a player is unusual, a really late bloomer, in his 5th year in Vancouver and has gotten significantly better each year, now 31 and playing his best hockey.
Its amazing as you could see it in Tampa and in New York just not quite consistent enough was still a good top 6 forward. He's just taken it to another level or two and is now an elite player in the league. They got him for pretty cheap if I remember.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Goalies always have an edge because often if the team they're on has a bunch of forwards tearing chit up they'll split the votes and the goalie normally eeks it out. I think that might be the issue with Trocheck/Kreider etc. Unless one posts 25-30 points or something Igor is gonna edge them out.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Its amazing as you could see it in Tampa and in New York just not quite consistent enough was still a good top 6 forward. He's just taken it to another level or two and is now an elite player in the league. They got him for pretty cheap if I remember.

Yeah he was inconsistent and used to make some questionable decisions with the puck when he first got to Vancouver. A lot of Canucks fans were upset we decided to keep Miller over Horvat as we had let one go cause of the Cap. Don’t see a lot of progression in players during their late 20’s, it’s unusual but awesome to see! His decision making has gotten so much better, it’s incredible how dependable he’s become as a player over these 5 years, progressed and matured really nicely into a solid leader.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I still think Makar is the favorite assuming Avs can beat Dallas (which is unlikely but not impossible). Colorado is beating Edmonton/Vancouver.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Goalies always have an edge because often if the team they're on has a bunch of forwards tearing chit up they'll split the votes and the goalie normally eeks it out. I think that might be the issue with Trocheck/Kreider etc. Unless one posts 25-30 points or something Igor is gonna edge them out.

Yeah, that's probably right. Trocheck's definitely leaving it all out there, though, He's a special player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad