News Article: Early Bruins lineup projections with and without Bergeron, Krejci

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm not convinced at this point Marchand won't be ready to start the season with the mid-October start date.

Even if he's not ready, if 46 and 37 return doesn't look to be enough room at the inn.

I don't think the Lysells and Beecher's of the world stand much of chance of making this roster.

figure youre going to carry 13 to 14.
theres 12 right now on the roster including Marchand. Wagner can be waived again too.
Getting you don to 11 including Marchand. Bergeron and Krejci are 12 and 13. Im not seeing an issue. Certainly not a big issue.

I dont see Lysell and Beecher starting anywhere but Prov. Unless Marchand not ready as so far documented, They are waiver eligible. They both need pro seasoning.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Steen, Studnicka and Frederic all need to clear waivers
Or send a few to the 9th fl

The best performance out of pre season should make the team. Like Sweeney said, they will rely on internal competition

Steen, Frederic, Stud should not be shoe ins to replace Marchand, Lazar vacancies

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
With or without them I don't see them good enough to get past more than one round.. This team lacks some serious grit and toughness. They need that blend which they don't have. They have some high end skill but they don't have enough players who can punish the opponents in a winner take all 7 game series. Maybe one series but that's it, imo.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

The best performance out of pre season should make the team. Like Sweeney said, they will rely on internal competition

Steen, Frederic, Stud should not be shoe ins to replace Marchand, Lazar vacancies
All three require waivers. So…

With or without them I don't see them good enough to get past more than one round.. This team lacks some serious grit and toughness. They need that blend which they don't have. They have some high end skill but they don't have enough players who can punish the opponents in a winner take all 7 game series. Maybe one series but that's it, imo.
One series. So enough grit and toughness to beat Carolina but not the Rangers? Ok.

Which teams that advanced this year did it with “grit and toughness”? Nashville? Minnesota with Deslauriers?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
figure youre going to carry 13 to 14.
theres 12 right now on the roster including Marchand. Wagner can be waived again too.
Getting you don to 11 including Marchand. Bergeron and Krejci are 12 and 13. Im not seeing an issue. Certainly not a big issue.

I dont see Lysell and Beecher starting anywhere but Prov. Unless Marchand not ready as so far documented, They are waiver eligible. They both need pro seasoning.

True, and if they carry 7 D to start, they can carry 14 F.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Do you think there is someone who is going to say that is a good team? Obviously if they don't have Bergeron and krejci they are in a full on rebuild, and will be outside the playoffs
But would this FO go that route or even know how to do so? Or would the scramble to assemble some borderline playoff team that everyone including the players knows isn’t going to win a round? I feel like the latter is a more likely outcome.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm not convinced at this point Marchand won't be ready to start the season with the mid-October start date.

Even if he's not ready, if 46 and 37 return doesn't look to be enough room at the inn.

I don't think the Lysells and Beecher's of the world stand much of chance of making this roster.
I dont know, double hip surgery and projected to come back late thanksgiving early august. I have a really hard time seeing him being 6+ weeks ahead of schedule with his rehab. Thats asking a lot especially at his age. Personally I'm just hoping hes back the game after thanksgiving. Thats a ton of rehab for two hips.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'd rather them than AJ Greer and Vinny Letteiri... Ditch Nosek too. Better start letting guys like Frederic and Studnicka play center while Bergeron is still here (if he comes back).

One series. So enough grit and toughness to beat Carolina but not the Rangers? Ok.

Which teams that advanced this year did it with “grit and toughness”? Nashville? Minnesota with Deslauriers?

everett rats

Oct 13, 2017
Bergeron talked to coach Monty and to zacha he is coming back for sure he just didn't want to do it so soon that I would look like he was the reason Cassidy got pushed out also they need to reconstruct him and number 46 contract so this bonuses that they are able to reach so they're able to fit them under the cap so if you want to make your line up including to win it borrowing something crazy they will both will be in the lineup

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I think your confusing grit and toughness with someone who can beat the living tar out of an opponent like Deslauriers. IMO you need guys who can take a beating down low and who can also punish the opponent, this Bruin team currently doesn't have enough of those types of players imo. Every team that advances had to have that element in their game or the not advancing. The NHL playoffs isn't picking daisy's.

You need a fine mixture and the bruins don't have that right now and certainly didn't a year ago.

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bergeron talked to coach Monty and to zacha he is coming back for sure he just didn't want to do it so soon that I would look like he was the reason Cassidy got pushed out also they need to reconstruct him and number 46 contract so this bonuses that they are able to reach so they're able to fit them under the cap so if you want to make your line up including to win it borrowing something crazy they will both will be in the lineup

Who needs punctuation

• Haha
Reactions: Spooner st and TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce