WC: Early 2010 World Championship Talk: Coaches/Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know we need to get through the Olympics first, but I was curious as to what coaches if any have been announced for their respective countries??

Obviously most of the coaches are still playing for the playoffs, so we won't know much yet, but I am sure a few coaches/gm's have been announced so far...especially for the European squads.

I know Messier is the GM of Canada, but outside of that, I haven't heard much yet.

For the US, I wonder if a guy like Tony Granato gets some type of coaching role for this team...he is a good coach that kind of got a bad deal in Colorado, plus USA hockey loves him, so you never know right?

It also may be too early to get some rosters together, but I think we can pretty sure about at least 8 teams that probably won't make the playoffs right now, so we could start making some early educated guesses..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think I would also guess and say that if the Islanders don't make the playoffs, Gordon may be the guy they go with as the headcoach... a little bit of youth could change some things around for our luck at this tourney..

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The hockey associations in Europe usually operate by season, not by tournament, so whoever you're seeing in the staff in the olympics will (likely) be there for the IHWC in Germany as well.

It has been announced that the contracts of coaching staff in Sweden and Switzerland end with this season, but that's after the world champs.

Only USA and Canada pick their coaches and other staff by tournament per default. Just look up from Wikipedia or someplace who currently coaches any European country and you'll know who're going to be the bench bosses in Germany save for the NA countries... to which this thread would be limited to anyway, I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad