ear buds worn WHILE playing

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
DId anyone Reply to the OP re. the possibility that Ear Bud Dude is on the autism spectrum, and is trying to mitigate his auditory processing disorder?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
DId anyone Reply to the OP re. the possibility that Ear Bud Dude is on the autism spectrum, and is trying to mitigate his auditory processing disorder?
No. Because he didn't bring that up. Had he mentioned anything like that, people would have asked more. Maybe the goalie does need it for that. He's asking because there is some other player in the league who wants to wear them because the goalie is allowed. And by the way he wrote it, it's a "He can do it, I want to as well, not "I have this auditory problem that I need to do so".

Honestly, for something like that, I wouldn't assume autism spectrum or something unique.

Second player is pushing the league's policy on not wearing them because another player gets to. If the person is on the autism spectrum and does need something like that... it should go through the leadership of the league and proper approval should be given. But none of that is disclosed here, so it's meaningless to assume.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
No. Because he didn't bring that up. Had he mentioned anything like that, people would have asked more. Maybe the goalie does need it for that. He's asking because there is some other player in the league who wants to wear them because the goalie is allowed. And by the way he wrote it, it's a "He can do it, I want to as well, not "I have this auditory problem that I need to do so".

Honestly, for something like that, I wouldn't assume autism spectrum or something unique.

Second player is pushing the league's policy on not wearing them because another player gets to. If the person is on the autism spectrum and does need something like that... it should go through the leadership of the league and proper approval should be given. But none of that is disclosed here, so it's meaningless to assume.
You misunderstood my identification of "Ear Bud Dude." I was referring to the goalie whose behavior encouraged the second player to ask for permission. But since you've concluded that if conditions aren't disclosed in a discussion they are meaningless to that discussion, none of this will matter to you. So carry on.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
You misunderstood my identification of "Ear Bud Dude." I was referring to the goalie whose behavior encouraged the second player to ask for permission. But since you've concluded that if conditions aren't disclosed in a discussion they are meaningless to that discussion, none of this will matter to you. So carry on.

Yeah, they didn't have a problem with the goalie wearing it up until now. If that's because he has some medical reason, then that's what you say to the second guy and it ends the debate. If that's not a point, then you either have to let the second guy wear them or ban them for everyone.

If goalie had a medical clearance/reason, that's different. But I'm not going to assume that he does if OP is at a crossroads for whether to let the second guy to wear them or not.

Reactions: DaveG and JMCx4

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I use to play beer league in Seattle and one of my teammates use to play with earphones lol and he was the type to listen to heavy metal. I personally would never do it. Maybe maybe, for a stick and puck or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

golfortennis1

Mar 18, 2022
Wearing my iPhone ear buds while practicing on the ice and one fell out. I was looking for 30 mins skating whole ice looking careful I didn’t skate over it. Was panicking cause the Zamboni man was about to clean the ice when i finally did find it

I know I'm late to this thread on this one, but this is why I wouldn't want ear buds. Why should everyone else have to watch out/run the risk of running over your ear buds? My personal opinion would be whatever wearing the ear buds brings for you you need to find another way to make it happen. A broken stick gets cleared up, other debris that comes from the natural playing of the game gets cleared up, why bring in unnatural potential item?

Plus, if guys don't wear them playing hockey, they don't lose/break them, and they can wear them on the golf course, where I *really* would like the to be worn. :)

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad