News Article: Eakins cold-called Dallas Cowboys' HC, sits in on Cowboys' TC

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
This guy shouldnt of made it through last season. He wont change my mind unless we make the playoffs this year.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
This absolutely impressed the hell out of me. Good on him for looking to improve himself - no matter the method.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well if you are looking to put a positive, optimistic spin on this... the most forward thinking and intelligent coaches/leaders/corporate CEO's etc are always looking to take advantage of whatever they can find that may provide insights and perspectives to be brought back and used in their own specific situations.

Sometimes looking "outside the box" into other sports/industries/sectors and how they achieve positive results can deliver insights and revelations that you might not have ever thought of in your own isolated and closed worldview. Bring those ideas back to incorporate and apply to your own systems and methods and it could lead to success.

Of course he's probably just an idiot.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Here's a crazy idea, instead of sitting down with the HC of a completely unrelated sport, why not sit down with a couple of NFL strength and conditioning coaches and see how things are done. :snide:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well if you are looking to put a positive, optimistic spin on this... the most forward thinking and intelligent coaches/leaders/corporate CEO's etc are always looking to take advantage of whatever they can find that may provide insights and perspectives to be brought back and used in their own specific situations.

Sometimes looking "outside the box" into other sports/industries/sectors and how they achieve positive results can deliver insights and revelations that you might not have ever thought of in your own isolated and closed worldview. Bring those ideas back to incorporate and apply to your own systems and methods and it could lead to success.

Of course he's probably just an idiot.

You can't play both sides. Pick one. :sarcasm:

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
Meh, I appreciate that he's taking the initiative to be a better coach and going outside the box to do it, but if it was really just a cold call, couldn't he have reached out to a better organization than the Dallas Cowboys?

It's probably just the die-hard Colts fan inside of me (I lived in Indy) but I wished he would have reached out to coach Pagano instead. The way that the Colts franchise is run is exactly how I want the Oilers to operate as well: a team that sticks up for each other and never gives up. Say what you want but they came back from a 28 point deficit in the PLAYOFFS :D

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
And then he needs to know where he can get some business hammocks.
There's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third. There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There. That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

oilz89*

Actually impressive. Maybe he's not the cocky moron we all think he is

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Meh, I don't see how its a bad thing. He did add a good experienced coach in Ramsay, and a better voice in Rocky. Not sure what the hell's going to happen to Chabot however. At least we won't see his swarm system any longer.

actionjackson

Jun 22, 2010
of course he would pick the DALLAS cowboys...sheesh...this guy's arrogance knows no boundaries!

:sarcasm:

Edit: I think it might be a really great thing for him to see a training camp from a first class sport like NFL football...but the cowboys...I hope they weren't his first choice (Saints fan)

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
It's hilarious the attempts to turn this into a bad thing.

Babcock doing this would induce marriage proposals on hf.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
He's going to wear Tom Landry's hat this season.

And mess up that hair?

As for sitting in on Cowboys training camp, why them? Why not a coach like Belichick who has actually won something, and has a history of getting players to buy in to his methods/philosophy. Oh yeah, dresses like a slob and has bad hair. Guess that question answers itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad