Each franchise's top five players historically?

polmaniac932

Mar 25, 2006
San Jose
www.youtube.com
Irbe gets a pass b/c of how dreadful the Sharks were when he played for San Jose, so no sense in bringing up his stats. Those that pick "Like Wall" do it for nostalgic reasons: the Jofa helmet-cage combo, holder of franchise's first shutout/consecutive wins, Cow Palace days, funny soundbites and acrobatic style, but placing that over Boyle's 34 points in 39 playoff games is ridiculous, especially considering that those numbers come not only from a defenseman, but a defenseman that plays for an organization notorious for its choking ways in the postseason.

Good point on the horrendous Sharks blowing his stats out of proportion....but still, you'd think if a goalie really were that much better than Boyle is for the Sharks now, he'd have had more than 36 starts more than once on a team as bad as they were! I do agree with you on all counts.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Edmonton:

Gretzky
Messier
Fuhr
Kurri
Lowe (as a player)

People will argue my Lowe inclusion over Coffey, and I'll agree that Coffey was better when both players were in Edmonton, but Lowe contributed to more cups than Coffey did, and did so as the best or 2nd best d-man for every one.

I appreciate your position, but I do think it is extremely hard to argue Lowe over Coffey. In fact, I'd put Anderson over Lowe as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad