Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• VS. Adema - Co-Dependent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Brand New - The Quiet Things That No-One Ever Knows: Brand New and Jesse Lacey's wikipedia pages are remarkably scant on the subject of him being a nonce.
Adema - Co-Dependent: This is a bit terrible.

Bullet For My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire: I was thinking last night after yesterday's poll, it would be interesting if this mob switched vocalists with Avenged Sevenfold. Watching this video hasn't become a less wistful experience since last time either. Perhaps appropriate, given the nature of the song and its lyrics. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a band live where anyone was using a Flying V guitar. What is it with metal bands and jagged instruments?
Trapt - Headstrong: This sounded familiar when I saw the title but I couldn't remember how it went. I do now. This was hilarious. I've also just had a read of their wikipedia article - they seem like delightful people.

Brand New Low - Treble Charger: Good lord, no. A lot of these songs I've not remembered what I've said about them as the rounds have gone on, I don't remember this song at all.
Gob - Oh! Ellin: Of all the songs in these polls I hadn't heard before, I enjoyed this more than most.

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out: I like this song more than Saturday Night (which I haven't forgiven for beating Manchester Orchestra earlier),
Kaiser Chiefs - Saturday Night: But this was in a game I played, so it wins.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
By the way I've just realised you haven't included Gilt Complex by Sons and Daughters from 09, which was one of the few good things on that soundtrack.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
By the way I've just realised you haven't included Gilt Complex by Sons and Daughters from 09, which was one of the few good things on that soundtrack.
Good f*** almighty, no I did not.

Well, I should say, it was interchangeable with some of the earlier drivel that lost in convincing fashion.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Brand New - The Quiet Things That No-One Ever Knows: Brand New and Jesse Lacey's wikipedia pages are remarkably scant on the subject of him being a nonce.
I can't imagine anybody cared too much about Jesse Lacey.
Gob - Oh! Ellin: Of all the songs in these polls I hadn't heard before, I enjoyed this more than most.
Deservedly so. Oh! Ellin is a real NHL 2004 classic. Although I would've thought mostly among people who played.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I seem to have struck a nerve
No, not really. :D There were some songs in consideration for those last spots and I wasn't a fan of that one or the other, if memory serves, somewhat similar track on 09.

I wanna say around a dozen songs got cut to accommodate the bracket structure.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Watching these music videos you link has YouTube suggesting the nightmare fuel music video "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver". So cheers for that. :P

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Eh, lads:

Many publications have taken note of the band's unusual use of social media accounts, run by Taylor, often to lash out and attack others, something not often done from official band accounts. Music website Metal Sucks noted in 2015 that the band's official Facebook account made lengthy posts criticizing viewers of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which devolved into the account swearing and berating commenters.[25] The comment also included homophobic insults towards internet musician Rob Scallon, whom the band had feuded with on social media earlier in the year over the unauthorized and unattributed use of Scallon's videos.[26][27] In 2017, Taylor insulted commenters who disagreed with his defense of President Trump's dismissal of James Comey,[28] and then again later in the year with anyone who disagreed with Taylor's stance that institutional racism does not exist.[29]

In March 2020, Metal Injection, The A.V. Club, and Slate all reported that the band's Twitter account had gone on a week-long effort of arguing with and insulting people.[30][31] It began with insults of civil rights activist and Bishop Talbert W. Swan II and accusations of having a "victim mentality". The comments then expanded into areas such as defending the Unite the Right rally, calling people "nerds", challenging the existence of white privilege in society, supporting Trump's "Chinese virus" rhetoric in reference to the COVID-19 pandemic, and fat-shaming women.[30] Loudwire noted that many notable bands and musicians later responded to counter or ridicule the claims.[32] Brown later used the band account to threaten legal action against an unflattering parody account assuming Trapt's identity, only to drop the issue on the same day once the account altered its Twitter handle to make the parody clearer.[33][34] In May 2020, Brown threatened legal action against multiple Change.org petitions to keep the band's music off of the upcoming Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 re-release, even though the band's music never appeared on the originals nor was announced for the remaster.[35] In the same month, Brown used the band's account to blame George Floyd for his own death.[36]

How about not voting for these clowns?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad