Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket | Round 2, Group A4 | Tiebreaker needed

Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Also played too much when, ‘I hear you calling’ was in the game. Not sure I ever listened to that song outside of playing NHL and I know the lyrics. Actually sad lol

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'd be okay with Paramore too but that might be because I always thought Hayley Williams was hot.
In around 2009, after already hearing some of their songs earlier, 13 to 14-year-old Risto discovers this is what Hayley Williams currently looks like:

194885.jpg

The rest of it is against site rules.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Paramore - Misery Business: I had no idea this had been in an NHL game, and it doesn't seem like a song that would fit there. The video for this song is the most erotic thing I've seen in my life, and from now on there's only one (as yet unfeatured) song that will be it in any polls. You should have paired this up with the Chad Gilbert song for extra lols.
Enter Shikari - Sorry You're Not a Winner: Unlucky, lads.

Adema - Co-Dependent: There's a fine line between self-parody and genuineness, and these boys seem to spend more time on either side than the line itself.
Jet - Get What You Need: Now I know I've posted about this before, but I don't have a brain. Still, it says a lot that this song is so dull and generic that I genuinely don't remember any part of it despite hearing it in the past week or so.

- I'd started typing out the next songs, but this stupid thing is still going. Holy f***, it's endless. There's a thread in the Entertainment forum right now about whether or not The Beatles are the best band ever. Someone brings up the Eagles and someone else says that there's just nothing about them - no passion, no genius, generic, bland, formulaic songwriting and that's what Jet is only much, much worse. generic "rock" for people who think music died in 1978 to listen and proudly boast to the rest of their da friends that there is good music among all the Eminems and 50 Cents after all. f*** me.

Gob - Oh! Ellin: Enjoyed the song, enjoyed the video.
Pennywise - Knocked Down: When I saw the song title I was just put in mind of Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' appearance in Saints Row 2. It's alright, but easily the weaker of this pair.

Gob - I Hear You Calling: I'm always suspicious of bands with instruments this new and shiny. So do they share the cheerleader at the end or what?
Raw - Scanners: This has a lot of things going on at once and I can't help but get the feeling the singer's voice only exists because she watched Runaways at some point, even though there's a high chance the song pre-dates the film. Toss-up, but this wins because I liked the other Gob song better.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad