Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket for People With Hearing | Closed

Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Treble Charger - American Psycho: Not bad.
OK Go - Do What You Want: I don't know where I've heard this song before, but it wasn't in an NHL game. Yawn. I don't care about their wacky music videos either.

Institute - Bulletproof Skin: It took about a minute and a half for me to realise I recognised this. Seems like this was 06.
Rock n Roll Soldiers - Flag Song: Nope.

Bullet for My Valentine - 4 Words to Choke Upon: I actually remember this one. It was just sort of there, a bit heavier than anything I'd normally listen to. I never know what the least appealing part of this kind of music is - the screaming, the drum fills or the stupid squealing guitar licks.
Dustin Kensrue - I Knew You Before: I'm voting for this purely because it's not what I'd expect here.

Manchester Orchestra - Wolves at Night: I first heard of Manchester Orchestra in 2011 when a friend of mine told me a band I liked were supporting them at a gig here and I started listening to them and we went to see them. It was something like 11.40 to see the two bands and it probably remains the best value for money I've ever had from a gig. This song wasn't in a game I've played, and ironically I don't think I would have cared for it if I'd heard it in that setting. Would I then have wanted to go and see them years later? Judging by my memory of some of these songs I would have probably have forgotten I'd ever heard of them, but I'm not sure. I'm glad Andy's matured in his video-making though, this is a grim watch. Regardless, they're a unique band you should absolutely listen to.
Kaiser Chiefs - Saturday Night: Fun fact: This was the first album I ever bought. I actually listened to it in full for the first time in ages a few weeks ago. It was nice being able to relive something I enjoyed so much when I first started listening to music. I have a strong memory though of the song in-game being different from the song on the album (and different from the video here). I can't seem to find any proof of this on the internet though. I'm genuinely torn on this decision. I'm going to make it after I've finished typing here, but even though only one of these featured in a game I played, I don't really associate it with the games, so I think I'm just going to go with the song and band I like better.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dustin Kensrue - I Knew You Before: I'm voting for this purely because it's not what I'd expect here.
100%. You would've asked me 14 years ago, I probably would've said 4 Words is the raddest song ever, but I'm definitely voting for this now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad